Monday, February 15, 2016

REVIEW: TEXAS ROADS by CATHY BRYANT



Texas Roads
a Miller's Creek Novel
Cathy Bryant, Christian Writer
Genre: Christian Romance








Texas Roads

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As everybody knows by now YA Paranormal is my favorite genre but every now and again, I step outside that comfort zone and read other genres from time to time.

This is the second book that I have read from Cathy Bryant, Christian Writer and I think I have just become a new fan of Christian Romance. I love this author's style of writing. She brings forth a fabulous romance story with a bit about how God works in not just the lives of these characters but our lives as well. The author brings forth a strong message in this story that is breathtakingly brilliant!!

Dani is mysterious, strong-willed, and all around lovable characters once you get to know her. At first, I thought she could be quite mean, but the more I read, the more my heart opened up to her. She has a big heart, but is not eager about showing it and trusting people, much less God, and that made this character that more interesting.

Steve is a down to earth guy set in his ways and is an extremely great leader. Yes, he could be slightly arrogant, but isn't most men? I love the power he holds in his hands and his blue eyes and swagger is genuine and I love him.

Mama Beth is an awesome lady!! She made for a great way to bring the love and feel of home to her heart, soul, and house. She is a wonderful character and one that will melt your heart. Her belief in God is phenomenal too. I loved learning from this character.

The story-line itself was awesome!! I loved the bantering between Steve and Dani and the romance they shared. They made the perfect couple. Both stubborn and bullheaded and the humor between them was really magical.

I believe this author has won herself a standing ovation and a new follower with this series and I can't wait to read more!!

This book is FREE on Amazon too, so pick up your copy today!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...