Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Trouble With Toads by Danyelle Leafty Book Blast

Once upon a time a young girl wanted revenge. But first, she wanted to be beautiful.

Twelve-year-old Bettony has read enough stories that begin with once upon a time to know what happens to the ugly stepsisters at the end, and she’s determined to escape that fate by any means necessary—even by magic.

Unfortunately, when it comes to magic, there is no place for regret, refunds, or exchanges. Even if you accidentally turn your older sister into a toad.
If Bettony wants her happily ever after to end well, she’s going to have to find a way to turn her sister back into a person before their mother finds out she’s been dabbling with magic and grounds her for life. And if she wants to do that, she’s going to need more magic.
Tracking down the family magic turns out to be surprisingly easy. Now, if only it came with instructions . . .
Link $2.99/£2.01




Reviews From Reviewers

WOW, this was a very entertaining and funny little story and I was fascinated and intrigued from beginning to end. I had a lot of trouble putting this book down, because once I started it, I was glued. This is not only a fun little story but a good teaching tool for children of all ages to listen to or read for themselves. This is a RECOMMENDED MUST READ that children and parents will love and cherish for all time, and I can see this book becoming the next Modern Classic Story that will be in all households all over the world. I am extremely excited to read more of this author's work.
 



Lisa (Bookworm Lisa) rated it 4 of 5 stars
"This is a fun book for kids!
Bettony is an "ugly stepsister" who wants to be pretty. She is jealous of her beautiful stepsister "Dersire". She thinks that life is unfair and that her life would be much better if she were pretty.
She takes matters in her own hands and visits her witch Grandmother. Her grandmother reminds her that magic may not be what she wants and that she can have "no regrets". A spell is performed and potions given.
In an accident with a potion, her sister is accidentally turned into a toad. Bettony's enemy becomes her ally when they work together to set things right. 
This book is a conglomeration of many fairy tales. There were many times where I caught myself thinking that it resembled a different fairy tale. It is a cute and fun book. I was surprised that there wasn't a definite ending. There will be a sequel and I am sure that it will also be fun to read and inspire imagination."

"I am so sorry if this post was posted late. Blogger has been such a bad boy these days. It won't make me want to post. But anyway, here's my review for the book.I have been starting reading this book last week Friday and I ended on a Sunday. With this book, written by Danyelle, I thought my childhood came running back towards me. I feel so young and I thought I was still a kid who wants fairy tales, but I do actually until now. 
Well, at first, I had trouble coping up with the writing because I thought that it was so short for some sentences but I forgot that it's for ages under my age. But then, I continued and found out that I want to finish this right away but sadly, I was busy last Saturday so unfortunately, I can't read it nonstop. Nonetheless, I continued on Saturday night near Sunday dawn and finished it on Sunday morning where rain was falling.
The characters were sooooo hilarious I must say! They served justice.
Bettony was being a bad girl because she was envious and she wants to be pretty just like her stepsister Dersire. Accidentally, because of Bettony's desire, Dersire turned into a toad. Oh god, a toad. An ugly little toad.
With this book I feel like I was travelling throughout fairy land and met all the fairy tales. It's like drifting through space full of stars. It's an awesome laugh as well. ! ! !
I would really recommend this book to all them who loves fairy tales and fun!" 


Danyelle Leafty writes upper MG and YA fantasy, and is the author of THE FAIRY GODMOTHER DILEMMA series. Danyelle has always loved fairy tales, and prefers stories where someone gets eaten, or at the very least, transmogrified. Much of her inspiration has come from fairy tales, because as G.K. Chesterton so aptly states, "Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."
In her spare time, she collects dragons, talking frogs, and fairy godmothers. She also collects books, and one day hopes to make a house out of them. She enjoys learning languages, fiddling with her harp, and perfecting the fine art of mothering. (It's a lot like trying to herd chickens during a lightning storm while a goat stampede is going on.)
One of her heroes is Albert Einstein, particularly for the following quote: "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The most important thing is not to stop questioning."

Follow


No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...