Saturday, July 20, 2013

Chasing Nikki by Lacey Weatherford

Chase Walker used to be a good kid-charming, athletic, and with a bright future ahead, but that was before travesty struck his life, sinking him into deep despair. Caught up in a world of drugs and alcohol, he doesn't notice time slipping away until he's arrested for underage drinking one night. Fed up with watching her son destroy his life, Chase's mom relocates him to live in a small ranching community with his ex-military grandfather. Chase is far from happy about the situation until he meets, Nikki, the cute cheerleader who won't give football players like him the time of day. Chase enjoys a good challenge though and sets out to claim Nikki for his own. He soon discovers she's more than a pretty face-she's a balm to his troubled spirit also. But when tragedy strikes Nikki's life too, suddenly Chase finds himself put to the ultimate test. Can he trust Nikki, and all that she's taught him? Will it be enough?
Links
Amazon * B&N * Kobo * Sony

Read Excerpt & Add to TBR List 



I won a paperback copy of this book from the author in return for an honest review. I am honestly not sure where to start with this review, but I have been touched by the power and writing style of Lacey Weatherford, and her amazing ability to capture your heart and soul and crush them then slowing stitch us back together. I was laughing one minute to crying the next. It was also hard to put down this book because it was so addictive and so heart-wrenching at the same time. The characters felt so real and I felt like I was actually part of the story. I felt the same feelings the characters did in the story. I felt really bad for Chase and all the heartache he went through and then he started mending only to have his heart torn apart again. I had to cry and laugh at the ending of the story and well and am still crying as I write this review. Though, I will not spoil it for people who haven't read this phenomenal story of love, loss, addictions, family, and friends. THIS IS A RECOMMENDED MUST READ YA THAT ADULTS WILL ENJOY AND MAY BE ABLE TO RELATE TO AND THE STORY WILL GRAB YOU AND TOUCH YOUR HEART SO MANY WAYS AND COMPLETELY CHANGE YOUR LIFE FOREVER!!!! I know it changed mine, leaving me pondering how someone could go through that much heartache and be able to live their life. I will be keeping this story close to my heart and cherishing it always!!! I will always think of this story and will make sure I go out and rock the world!!! Thank you, Lacey Weatherford, for this touchingly awesome story that has touch my heart and soul and taken a piece of both with it!!! This is the second book that I have ever read that has taken a piece of my heart and soul and kept it in it's pages forever!!


"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath
away."~Anonymous



I believe this to be a true statement and will try my best to live by it!!! This story as truly earned 10+*s. *SOB, SOB, SOB* 





Lacey Weatherford was born in Ft. Meade Maryland while her father was serving in the military. She has been a life long resident of Arizona, spending most of her time growing up in the small rural town of Clay Springs.

It was while she was attending the small country school in Clay Springs, that she read her first "big" book at the age of eight. It was a Nancy Drew novel and Lacey was instantly hooked. She read every book that she could find in the series and decided that she wanted to write stories too.

Lacey spent a lot of time at the library from that time forward, even volunteering in her later teen years and early twenties. She would don a crazy clown outfit for the Friends of the Library fundraisers in an effort to help get the new town library built.

When she and her husband moved away from the area, Lacey took the opportunity to take some creative writing classes at the local college to help further along her interests. Several years later, they were blessed with the opportunity to move back to Clay Springs with their family. The town had finally succeeded in building their library and Lacey had the opportunity to be President of the Friends of the Library for a very short time, before relocating.

Lacey and her family still live in the White Mountains of Arizona, where she continues to write young adult novels that have a fantasy/fairy tale or paranormal bent to them, as well as being sure to include a great romantic story-line!

Stalker Sites






No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...