Sunday, July 14, 2013

License to Thrill by Rayne Bexley






Josh Fitzgerald is a self-proclaimed happy bachelor who has no intentions of ever settling-down until he meets Addison Taylor, the potter from next door. She has just uprooted her life to move across the Long Island Sound to the quaint little seaside town she used to visit as a child. What is it about this rare beauty that draws Josh? Just like the vessel on her pottery wheel, is Josh capable of change?


Links
Amazon ARE KOBO B&N




10*s. I received an eARC copy of this book in return for an honest review. WOW...I would have never guess that this is the author's second book in her first ever series. This is an incredibly enticing and fun story that got me excited and gave me butterflies in my stomach. It felt so real and the characters are amazing. The author wastes no time at getting to the sexy parts. No leading us on and keeping us in suspense. I loved this book even more than the first one and is by far my favorite one. This is a RECOMMENDED MUST READ for anybody who loves stories of sexy men who find themselves falling for amazingly sexy women. This story will grab your heart and libido and still have you screaming for more. Thank you, Rayne Bexley, for another amazingly sexy erotica.


*CAUTION: READER DISCRETION ADVISED*




Most of my favorite authors are indie or self-pubbed, what made me you decide to go that route?
I am actually with a publishing house. I’m with Horny Devil Publishers, a new publishing house that specializes in erotic short stories. I chose to go this route because although I love to write, I had no idea about what it took to actually publish a book. I have learned a great deal in a short amount of time. I am working on a novel that doesn’t fall within Horny Devil’s criteria so down the road I do plan to self-published.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
I’ve learned that writing books is so much more than telling a story. That you need to bring characters to life, show their faults, their vulnerabilities, what makes them happy, or sad, give them a voice, make them interact so that the reader can hear them.

Which of your characters are you most like? Least like? 
I like Addie from License to Thrill. I don’t know if I would have what it takes to set out on my own, to follow a dream to another state. The one that I like the least is from a book that I am writing right now. She is the sister of the main character, and at first, she was only to play a small part, but that has changed.

Do you have a particular writing habit?
No, not really, other than I really like writing in complete silence. So, sometimes, the middle of the night is the perfect time for me.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?
Marie Force. I love her McCarthy’s of Gansett Island Series, and Treading Water Series. She is such a wonderful storyteller. Every time I finish one of her books I’m sad, I am so invested in her characters.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
Ava Snow, Kassandra Cox, Edward Tailor, Oliver Lixx, Indigo Sin, TL Reeve, Cleo Taurus, Haper Jewel, Alex Cook. I could just keep on going. I have been exposed to so many new authors though out this experience.

What is the hardest part of your writing?
Veering off from the original plan, I do like to set an outline, but most of the time, that goes by the wayside, and I find myself some place I didn’t expect.

Do you have any advice for other writers?
LOL…probably not, I need all the advice I can get! I would say for anyone considering writing, just sit down, and do it!

Describe yourself in three words.
Honest, dependable, caring.


I know characters are like children but if you could chose, who’s your favorite from your books? Of all time?
I know this is a cop out, but I rather like them all. I’m most fond of the one I’m writing at the time, much like my book boyfriends when I’m reading! I have fallen in love with so many male characters that way!

Any song or songs that could basically sum up the overall mood of your writing?
None that I can think of.

Do you plot out your books or just freely write them and let the characters tell you what to do next? 
I plot, but as stated above, I get side tract and end up going in a different direction.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider the biggest influence in your writing?
Kallypso Masters. Her Rescue Me Series is brilliant. She really captured me with Masters at Arms offered as a free read on my kindle. It was the introduction to her series, and I eagerly awaited each one of her releases. I was hooked!

What are your current projects? Can you share a little of your current work with us?
I have a few projects in the works. Of Course, the next in the Main Street Series is underway, as well as quite a few other projects. This little snippet is from an untitled manuscript at this point. It’s unedited:

The scars had finally faded. Angry red lines that diminished to pink were now hardly noticeable. The journey had been three years in the making, and now Jensen stood in front of her full-length mirror pivoting from side to side, smoothing her hands over the form fitting little black dress that molded to her frame as if it were painted on. For the first time in her life, she felt beautiful.

Filled with doubt, she didn’t know why she was going. It had been fifteen years since she had seen her high school classmates, and hadn’t kept in touch with one. Being the chubby girl in Coco-Beach Florida made you a nobody, invisible, someone who blended into the background, and most of the time she thankful for that.   

  

Links
Amazon Facebook Web Blog Twitter


No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...