Tuesday, January 21, 2014

The Weight of a Feather Book Tour

TWOAFBan


The Weight of a Feather and Other Stories

Judy Croome

Genre: Short Story anthology

Length: 200 pages

Publisher: Aztar Press; 1 edition (October 22, 2013)


Synopsis:



“The promise implicit in an anthology is that it aspires to present something different, unexpected”  Joyce Carol Oates (Introduction to The Oxford Book of American Short Stories) 



From the classical form of ‘The Weight of a Feather’, first published by The Huffington Post (2013), to the suggestive allegory of ‘The Leopard and The Lizard’, this collection of short stories by South African author Judy Croome is an ideal mix of the familiar and the startling.

These vibrant slices of life testify to the mysterious and luminous resources of the human spirit. Whether feeling the harrowing emotion in ‘The Last Sacrifice’ or the jauntiness of ‘Jannie Vermaak’s New Bicycle’, the reader will delight in a plethora of stories that cross boundaries to both challenge and entertain with their variety.

Buy Links:


At first, I was a little leery about reading this book because it is out of my genre, but I never turn down a book without giving it a chance. I must say that I am glad that I gave this book a chance, because it is a phenomenal Classical Anthology that I will not forget and will want to re-read over again. This is a remarkable book with many short stories that have either captured my heart and soul, or made me smile. The stories flowed so well and so real that I felt as if I was living in these stories. I absolutely loved each and every story but my favorite out of them all is 'A Dish Best Eaten Cold'. These stories either had me pondering them as I read each one. This book is delightfully entertaining and brings out things that you would least expect in each story told. I was entranced from beginning to end. It was extremely hard to put the book down once I started reading it. I highly recommend this book to all. Be prepared for something totally different, yet very addicting and this anthology will keep you wanting to read more of this author's work. 


MY RATING













Author Bio:
Judy Croome lives and writes in Johannesburg, South Africa. Shortlisted in the African Writing Flash Fiction 2011 competition, Judy’s short stories and poems have appeared in various magazines and anthologies, such as the Huffington Post and the University of the Witwatersrand’s Itch Magazine. Her books “The Weight of a Feather & Other Stories” (2013), “a Lamp at Midday” (2012) and “Dancing in the Shadows of Love” (2011) are available. Judy loves her family, cats, exploring the meaning of life, chocolate, cats, rainy days, ancient churches with their ancient graveyards, cats, meditation and solitude. Oh, and cats. Judy loves cats (who already appear to have discovered the meaning of life.)  She is currently researching child murders for her next novel and you can visit Judy on www.judycroome.com or join her on Twitter @judy_croome


Author Links:









No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...