Wednesday, June 10, 2015

FATE: Florida Author Takeover Event


Florida Author Takeover Event

Crestview Community Center. 1446 Commerce Drive. Crestview, Florida 32539

Dates and Times:
Saturday July 16, 2016 11am - 3pm
Sunday July 17, 2016 10am - 2pm and 3pm - 7pm

Harmony Stalter (1976-Present)was born in Newburgh, New York. She currently makes her home in Central Florida, and is a freelance writer that currently writes for a monthly magazine called All Access Music Magazine. She was an architectural drafter for three years before she dove head first into pursuing her career in writing, her first love. Employee Body Language Revealed: How to Predict Behavior in the Workplace by Reading and Understanding Body Language is her first book. Since completing this book, she has written Dancing the Night Away, Bulk Cooking: Everything You Need to Know, and The Great Wolf Lodge 2011 Travel Guide, Rhyme Tyme: A Book of Poetry, Two Romantic, Two Suspenseful. 

Look for these, and more upcoming titles from this writer on the rise, and make sure to visit her website at 









The Payne's Prairie Murders



There is a serial killer on the loose. Women have been disappearing for years in Orange County, New York and Marion County, Florida, hundreds of cases have gone unsolved. How many murders has he committed? Ocala Police Officers, Peter Michaels and Dave Weston, will need to figure that out. Enlisting the help of Newburgh Detective, Jacob Mason, their suspect's deadly past comes to light, haunting their dreams. Can they stop him before he kidnaps another woman? Will he confess to his crimes?


Are you ready to meet David Checkowich?

Let the nightmares begin.





Cheryllynn's vivid imagination comes through in all she does in life. Her writing started in junior high and although she never truly shared her work until recently she kept them hidden away in an old tattered orange folder. Original works she wrote from 1984 still holding ink on the pages are now being shared. Science Fiction and Fantasy are her favorite genres with mystery and thrillers in close running.

Born in Northwest Florida and raised in Southeast Georgia she gained a love for nature and the outdoors. After almost twenty years in the health care industry and obtaining her Bachelors of Science in Healthcare Administration/Healthcare Information Systems she has returned to her love of writing. Currently living in Central Texas with two of her three children, she has begun a new chapter in life that has opened her heart and soul to many great adventures. Her dreams are to one day return to her native homes and settle in for life with her kids and all her family and to continue writing.


            

         

      


A Witch's Dream World
Elizabeth has gone through so much lately with her mother's passing. Now she lives with her aunts and she has begun to have nightmares. Only her nightmares are not nightmares at all, but spirit walks. Elizabeth never knew she belonged to a family of witches that dates back centuries. It is believed that she is the strongest one of all. She never knew her father was alive or that she had a twin brother. Now she must learn about a world she never knew existed. She has to learn to embrace her heritage and figure out how to defeat the Council. They are conspiring to destroy the structure of coexisting in this new society that her ancient people hold dear. Night after night her dreams reveal so much more....but are they only dreams?


With the wind rushing through my hair, I run quickly through the forest, running faster and faster so I will not be caught. Stealing glances behind me to make sure I am keeping far enough ahead of those after me. I can only run for so long before I will lose the cover of the forest. Seeing a large oak ahead I decide to hide behind it so that I can catch my breath. Bending over, putting my hands on my knees trying to breathe quietly and allow myself to relax so that I can think. I brush my long red hair back away from my face, wiping my brow as I do and pushing back my cloak. I saw at least two of them running after me. The problem is you never know if there are more until it’s too late. Their voices are getting louder. I must run some more.

Just then a hand is on my shoulder I jump and scream simultaneously. I am breathless and sweating. “Shh, you are safe. Do not worry my angel,” I hear as I open my eyes. I look around and see that I am in my bed, in my aunts' home. I do not see anyone in my room.


          



Marsocial Author of the year, "Runner up"

Lisa Glenn, the author of The Leftovers.

I am currently a part time college student. I was born in Montana, but currently live in the panhandle of Florida where I am working on my second novel. I am the Mother of 4 and a Grandmother of 2. I have always wanted to write but never had the courage until now. I love to read and have thousands of books, so I guess it was destined to be. I am known for my shyness but I let it all come out in my writing. I write, I guess what you would call mainstream fiction. My books have a little bit of romance, action, and mystery with some inspirational thrown in. I stay busy taking care of my one child still at home, and a beagle mix named, Jasper. I work full time and attend college part time. I have two novels in the works right now. The sequel to Shelby an inspirational YA, and The Fisherman, a fantasy romance. I love coffee and chocolate, preferably Hershey's.

     






Shelby



Shelby Lee has lived a life that is not her own. At the age of 13, her mother dies and turns her life upside down. Now the journey begins to fill in the blanks of a life that never was, and to find out what is meant to be. Sometimes you have to run away from everything you know to find what home is. Shelby leaves her small town in search of a new home. On her journey she meets three incredible friends who become more like family. Will she find what she is looking for? Can she hide from the evil that followers her?




   


My name is Wendi Hulsey. I was born and raised in Racine, Wisconsin, just south of Milwaukee. After several vacations to the sunshine state, my husband and I fell in love with the warm weather and decided to have a house built in Florida. I miss my family and friends up north; however, I will never regret not having to shovel snow again. I have been a registered nurse for about ten years. I currently work on a medical/surgical unit, preferring to work the night shift.
My husband and I have been married for sixteen years, and I appreciate his support during this endeavor. I have one son who is a hard working grown man now living on his own. He has blessed me with the most precious grandson and a wonderful future daughter in law. My daughter is a beautiful and smart teenager who excels at just about anything she tries. She enjoys playing soccer and we have spent numerous hours on various soccer fields. I am blessed to have my mother, a retired cook, living with me and she is a great help with cooking, cleaning, and chauffeuring the teenager. Other members of our family include; one dog, one cat, two turtles and several fish.

My love for reading began at the age of twelve on a stormy day. With nothing to do I was bugging my mother, she said, “Go read a book.” I have never stopped. As a teenager, I preferred horror books, mainly Stephen King. As I age, my reading tastes change and I currently read mysteries, romance, or erotica. It has always been my dream to write a book. Although writing is a hobby for me, I hope to produce a book to the best of my abilities and hope you have enjoyed what you read. Thank you for your support.


               

Tainted Desire (book #1)

Kylie Jenkins has lived the past few years fearing for her life. She knows she must do whatever it takes to escape her current situation. With each assault, the injuries she sustains are more severe. She calls upon her childhood friends to help her escape, however it means moving away from everything she loves. Without knowing if she will ever see her family or friends again, she takes off in hopes of a new beginning. Her entire world is turned upside down until she is reunited with her childhood love and things start to look up. Cameron is the type of man she wants to spend her life with, he is fun, sensitive, considerate, and sexy.
Unfortunately, for Kylie, her dangerous past seems to be sneaking up on her. Strange things start happening to her, making her feel apprehensive and afraid. Her friends assure her that she is safe, but they start to think Kylie might be a bit paranoid. Will Kylie finally have her storybook romance? Or will her love and desire for Cameron be tainted from the start?

            

Heated Desire (book #2)
After Kylie narrowly escaped her abusive boyfriend, she moved to Florida to seek comfort in the arms of her first love, the sexy racecar driver Cameron. Their feelings for one another were quickly rekindled and their relationship fueled by desire, as things heated up and she fell right back in love with him.
However, it was not long before her past caught up with her, which leaves Kylie lying on a gurney in the back of an ambulance, fighting for her life. Cameron feels powerless as he watches the love of his life slipping away from him. Cameron blames himself and is overcome with guilt for failing to keep his promise to protect her.
Kylies love for Cameron gives her newfound strength to survive making her more determined than ever to defy the bastard that put her in this situation, but most of all she wants to start over with the man she loves. Will she survive and seek justice, finally being able to put her past behind her? Or will her past keep catching up to haunt her?
“I would give anything just to have Kylie open her eyes for a second so she knows we are here for her and I can tell her that I love her.” ~~Cameron
I can hear Cameron and Courtney’s voices over the machines as they talk, but as hard as I try I still cannot open my eyes. I feel like I am in the twilight zone, my limbs are still too heavy to move but my mind is aware of what people are saying. ~~Kylie

            

Desperate Desire (book #2.5)
Courtney Conner is the master at hiding behind a mask, she thinks she has one hell of a poker face. Courtney has everyone believing she’s in control of her life after everything that happened to her one horrible night. She believes everyone is fooled; except she can’t lie to herself. Struggling daily with the demons that invade her thoughts, dreams and life; she finds herself coping in self-destructive ways. But do they ever make her forget what happened?
Blaine Stevenson has shown Courtney a new lease on life and she wants to become the woman he can love. He’s everything she has ever wanted in a man; funny, kind, wealthy, and gorgeous. However, appearances are not always as they seem. Blaine also has a secret he has not yet revealed to Courtney. Can she handle what he is about to show her, or will this be something else that makes her run away from love?
Courtney and Blaine’s physical attraction is undeniable, but can they overcome their secrets. Will Blaine be the man to fulfill Courtney’s deep and desperate desire to be loved? Or will their secrets be too much to overcome? Not everything is as simple as it seems. Can Courtney love another to let go of her past?

            



No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...