Friday, March 11, 2016

OFFICIAL TRAILER: The Forlorned by Angela J. Townsend





The Forlorned

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I must say I don't have the words for this book. What an absolute phenomenal Horror story!!! I was totally blown away by the author's style of writing. It has its own unique quality that keeps your heart racing and sitting on the edge of your seat, and it is written in a way that its acceptable for teens to read. It's a phenomenal read that kept me guessing about the ghosts of the Lighthouse. The story was so well written, the book actually called to me as if it was taunting me and calling my name when I would put it down, and of course, I had trouble ignoring it and would go back to it and get entangled in its pages all over again. It's a fast paced and smooth read, and this was one book I was sad when it ended. This book is being made into a movie and I must say as wild as my imagination got while reading this book, its going to be extremely creepy on the big screen. This is one author that I will want to keep my eye out for and I can't wait to read more of her work. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED MUST READ!





WORDS FROM THE AUTHOR

The Forlorned Motion Picture--How I broke into the Movie Business

Many people have asked how I was able to get my book turned into a movie.  The answer is simple, with hard work, endless dedication and lots of faith. Years ago a wise old sage informed me that only with hard work does one achieve success. Although I believed this advice was true, I found it hard to keep moving forward and to not give up. I was a struggling author and a single mom. Even though there were moments I wanted to quit, I kept working long hard days and nights. Most nights I would work until nearly sunrise, I'd go to bed for a couple hours and then be up again in time for work the next day.

There were many times I wanted to give up. I was exhausted, but I persisted in going after the brass ring and I'm glad that I did.

At the start of my journey I did a lot of research into horror movies, how they were made and who directed and produced them. I wanted someone top notch to do my film. I was lucky to connect with a director right away---And no, it wasn't a "catchy title" that caught their eye or some other gimmick, it was the a story that stood out in the genre. A unique tale of a young man alone on a lighthouse island haunted by ghost soldiers from the War of 1812.

Getting my novel turned into a script and then onto the big screen took a monumental amount of work. My director and producer read my script and quickly adapted it. Those two extraordinary people made my novel come to life on the big screen and I will be forever grateful to them. 

The key to any successful project is to find believers. People who support your goals and ideas. I was very fortunate to have a producer, director and a business partner who were willing to work alongside of me for a common goal. 

One particularly hard day, I sent a text message to my director Andy Wiest. I told him I wanted to give up. I just couldn't go on. I will never forget his reply. "I'm sticking this out with you until the very end Angie, no matter what." Andy's words of support kept me going. 

I encourage all struggling artists to find people who believe in them. People willing to work together to achieve a common goal. 


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Jenny! I really appreciate this blog post so much!

    ReplyDelete

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...