Saturday, March 19, 2016

PRE-ORDER AND REVIEW: Lie to Me by Gracen Miller



Lie to Me
Gracen Miller
Release Day: March 24, 2016



In the 23rd century, war has ravaged the planet.

A biological weapon has decimated the population, and those who remain have been driven to desperate measures to survive. Over the course of a century, evolution delivers an answer — the Xeno gene, which provides its bearers with immunity to disease. All adolescent girls are tested for the X-gene, and carriers are obligated to bear children for the good of the human race.

The promise of salvation comes at a terrible price.

Stone Emmerson, heir to a position of supreme power, is surprised to learn his best friend Kella is an X-gene carrier. He’s quick to claim her as his own, but as a mere servant, Kella can’t help but doubt his motives. Before he can offer the protection of his name, she escapes his household. Mourning her loss, Stone becomes a black sheep among his peers by focusing on the welfare of his people.

While survival and freedom hang in the balance…

Starting over under an assumed name, Kella is a founding member of the X-Diplomats, a radical group dedicated to stopping enforced X-gene testing and promoting equal rights for commoners. Years pass before she crosses paths with Stone again. As the web of deceit that has come between them unravels, their love begins to grow. But can Stone turn a blind eye to Kella’s violent revolution and see the justice of her cause? Or will their differences prove too great to overcome?

What price would you pay to break the chains of oppression?




Lie to Me

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

As I have said before, YA Paranormal is my all time favorite genre, but there have been times where I have been known to step outside my comfort zone and read other genres...

I have been following this author for many years now and have read everything this author has ever written and loved everything about her work. This book is no different!

I enjoyed every minute of this story! It's based in a futuristic setting about slavery, and the difference between 'Dregs' and the 'Regency'. I loved how controversially well written this story is. The characters are amazing and I couldn't put the book down.

Kella
I absolutely fell in love with this character from the beginning! I loved her strength, tenacity, wittiness, and overall personality. I felt as if I could connect with this character on a personal level. You could feel what the character was feeling as the words poured off the pages. This is a magnificent character.

Stone
This character never gave up and that's what I loved about this character. His love for Kella never died and he was very determined to make things better as he ruled as Regency.

Kella and Stone
These two characters together made a deliciously addicting story!! They had a lot of love for each other and it really showed throughout this story.

I loved the rebellion and the X-Diplomats in this story. I loved how the author pulled it all together and made it an enjoyable read. Yes, there is diversity and slavery but the author had a phenomenal way of spinning this this tale and still making it tasteful and delightful to read! I highly recommend this story to adults who love adventure, excitement, and romance!! You won't regret reading this one!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...