Wednesday, March 2, 2016

REVIEW: Dear Adam by Jacyln Osborn



DEAR ADAM
Jaclyn Osborn









Dear Adam

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

LGBT
As everyone knows, my favorite genre is YA Paranormal, but from time to time, I do leave my comfort zone and read other genres.

Wow, this book is so sad and yet so true. It hits home for many people that are either gay or lesbian and it makes for a very hard subject to talk about. The author did a spectacular job of making this book hard to put down and yet kept it clean. The author hit on depression and anxiety too, which made the book hit close to home for me. I really connected with this story, because, I myself have gay friends and it made it very hard for them to come out of the 'closet', so to speak, and allow their friends and families know about them. I can imagine that at the beginning my gay friends may or may not have felt the same way, because reactions are always different.

I love how this author brought forth such a hard subject to bear and yet made it a hard story to put down. I just HAD to keep reading and know what was going to happen next!! I highly recommend this story to Young Adults and Adults alike, but fair warning, this is not for the faint of heart, though I do suggest giving this book a read, because it will surprise you and make you really think. I am excited to read more from this author in the near future.



No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...