Thursday, December 1, 2016

RELEASE DAY BLITZ & REVIEW: Gilded Cage by Sherry D. Ficklin



GILDED CAGE
A Canary Club Novella
Sherry D. Ficklin




Masie, the flaxen-haired daughter of notorious boot-legger Dutch Schultz, returns home from boarding school to find her family in crisis. Her mother is dangerously unstable, her father’s empire is on the brink of ruin, and the boy she once loved has become a ruthless killer for hire. To keep her family’s dangerous secrets Masie is forced into a lie that will change the course of her future—and leave her trapped in a gilded cage of her own making. As she watches her world fall apart, Masie must decide whether to take her place in the hierarchy, or spread her wings, leaving the people she loves, and the life she despises, far behind her.

Two worlds collide in Gatsby era New York, in a time of dazzling speakeasies and vicious shoot-outs, of gritty gangsters and iridescent ingénues, where not everything that sparkles is gold.

*This is the first of the Canary Club series and is a short story introduction into the forthcoming novels.







As everybody knows who follows me, knows that YA Paranormal is my favorite genre, but I have been following Ms. Ficklin's work for a while now and I am absolutely in love with her style of writing. It's unique in its own way and stands out in a crowd. The stories this author creates leaves a lasting impression on me every time I finish one of her books. When I found out she was releasing a new series, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.....and I was for sure not disappointed in this story.

I loved the story-line from beginning to end. It had everything I loved about an era full of fancy dresses, speakeasies, gangsters, and bootlegging. I could actually picture this story unfold in my mind and I couldn't help but stop and daydream about the events as they unfolded. The characters were phenomenally vibrant, colorful, and so much fun to get to know. I really didn't want this story to end. I am actually craving to know more and will be impatiently waiting on the edge of my seat for the next book to come out. This book has left an everlasting impression on my mind and soul and I find myself wanting to go back and get lost in this story all over again. I highly recommend this story to all adults to read and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...