Tuesday, February 14, 2017

RELEASE DAY BLITZ & REVIEW: All That Glitters by Sherry D. Ficklin



All That Glitters
A Canary Club Novella #2
Sherry D. Ficklin




A dame with brains, moxie, and killer curves, June West isn't your average flapper. She's managed to endear herself to the son of one of the most powerful gangsters in New York, earning herself a spot in the limelight that she's always longed for. With the infamous playboy at her side, June has become accustomed to living the high life. Lavish parties, expensive clothes, sparkling jewels, nothing is beyond her reach and her dreams of making something of herself beneath the shimmering marquee lights is finally coming true. But when her carefully woven web of lies finally catches up with her, threatening the life she's worked so hard to build, she must make an impossible choice; come clean about her past and risk losing everything, or find a way to bury her demons--once and for all. In a city glittering with possibilities, June would do anything to keep her golden dream from turning to ashes. Even if it means going up against the most dangerous man the city has ever known. 






WOW, I am always in shock and awe with this author's style of writing and this story is no different. I loved the layout of the story-line with its hidden secrets and realizations of dreams being shattered and crushed. The feeling of being in a cage that you can't seem to get out of, no matter how hard you try. I loved June's story and her struggles throughout her life. I felt as if I was living the story with June. She is an awesome character and I enjoyed every minute of her story. These books make me wish I was from the 1920's time era and could be part of the fun, excitement and glamour. This is a phenomenal read and I highly recommend it for all to enjoy too. This is also a standalone so you don't need to read book one to know and enjoy book two, however I do recommend book one too.






No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...