Wednesday, February 8, 2017

REVIEW: Adapted for Film by Stacey Rourke




Adapted for Film
Stacey Rourke





Aubrey Evans is living every author’s dream; her sizzling romance novel is being turned into a blockbuster film. She would be celebrating this momentous event, if she wasn’t busy fighting over every tiny production detail with the maddeningly cavalier director, Kole Camden. 

When news of their heated rivalry hits the gossip columns, drastic measures must be taken to save their sinking project. In an elaborate PR hoax, she is publicly linked to Greyson Meyers, the swoon-worthy star of her movie. A whirl-wind love affair is staged for the couple to mirror the steamy chapters of her own books. 

Can the introverted author resist the charms of Hollywood’s sexiest leading man? Or will love find her in the City of Angels?







I don't know why it took me so long to get to this book, but I am glad I took the time to read it. This book was a lot of fun to read. It was so full of humor, quirkiness, fun, romance and sometimes a bit awkward too. There was so much witty commentary that is so Stacey Rourke and I found myself many times laughing out loud and scaring my cat half to death. The characters were remarkable and I loved how the author brought forth an author, who was an introvert, as the main character of the story. The story-line was genius, I couldn't put this book down I was so enchanted by the story itself. I loved how the author goes from present to past, though usually that puts me off in stories, but it actually worked in this one. It's not the usual Rourke read, but I think the author did an awesome job with this debut New Adult Contemporary Romance and I highly recommend this story to all to enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...