Saturday, March 18, 2017

REVIEW: Effects by Elizabeth A. Lance



Effects
YA Steampunk Paranormal Romance
Elizabeth A. Lance





In 1873 Boon, New Indiana…

Dale Henson, a student at The Paranormal Being Academy for the Gifted and Talented, has found the man of his dreams in the new airpilot, Justice Callahan, now he just has to get up the courage to actually talk to him. 

With the encouragement of his friends, Dale works up the nerve to ask about a trip to Paris and soon finds that his attraction to the handsome young pilot is mutual. However, just as things seem to be looking up, something sinister begins to brew in the background, leaving Dale uneasy and paranoid. 

Can he figure out what has him so disturbed and save himself and his friends... Before it’s too late? 







This story was a pleasure to read, but I am a lover of Steampunk romances, especially from this author. Lance has once again captured my attention in this short story. She has brought us into a parallel world of creative writing only known by this author. I loved the 1800 setting that this book is based on, but I must admit that I am a sucker for this era. The author did a fabulous job bringing this story together. The setting is phenomenal, the characters are believable and memorable, and the story-line, though short, is magical and keeps me craving more. I am interested in seeing where this author will take us next on this Steampunk series. I highly recommend it!!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Jenny! I so appreciate your support! <3 I have ideas percolating in my head for the next book in the series :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome!! I can't wait to see what else you have!!

      Delete

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...