Monday, March 27, 2017

REVIEW: Forsaken by K.R. Fajardo



Forsaken
The Shadow Chronicles book 3
K.R. Fajardo




“Love. Oh, she is a fickle beast. So beautiful on the outside, she uses her charms to lure the desperate and lonely into her waiting arms. Yet, underneath the pristine exterior lies await a vile beast who thrives on pain and misery. I have lived thousands of years, been tortured mercilessly by my enemies, watched people I cared for pass before my eyes, and have been betrayed more times than I care to recall. But this I can assure you, all that pain wains in comparison to what I experienced the night love was forever ripped from my life.” 


Jarod and Maya are on the run. Having at last escaped the cruel and manipulative rule of the Shadows, Jarod leads Maya to the only place he knows of that might can offer them sanctuary. But when his own past once again threatens to ruin her hopes of having a somewhat normal life, Jarod is forced to make a difficult decision in order to protect the woman he loves. 

Meanwhile in Oasis, things aren’t going much better. With Citera bitten and K missing, panic threatens to tear apart Oasis’ once care free life. Fearing the effect the new blood bond will have on the K and Citera’s link, Jaron scours the forest desperate to find her, all while still trying to maintain the peace. However when Jarod and Maya’s unexpected arrival at Oasis brings to light some shocking information, Jaron realizes he has been made fool of. Determined to redeem himself, he and Jarod lead a search party across the forbidden border into Lanoria, where they will have to face the Immortal Council and K’s vindictive ex in order to bring K back home. 

99¢ or




What and amazingly remarkable read. This is by far my favorite story of the three. It really saddens me that this ends K's journey and story, because I could see so much potential and words left unspoken that it could go on, but alas, good things must come to an end sometime. Sigh.

The characters were still just as awesome and the story-line was powerful and incredible at the same time. This story was packed full of so much action and suspense that I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat the entire time, wondering, day dreaming even, what would happen next. I highly recommend this read, but you must read the first two books to understand what is going on.



No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...