Thursday, October 5, 2017

REVIEW: Descendants Prophesies by Marie Ting



From Gods




Did you just see a flash of lightning across the sky on a clear sunny day?
Don’t blame Mother Nature.

Skylar Rome can’t wait to spend her last summer before college with her cousin, Kayla. Everything changes when they meet the Grand brothers. Skylar is sure she should stay away from Mason Grand, but their attraction is undeniable. Then Skylar’s life erupts into turmoil. She steps into a world where descendants of ancient gods have super powers, evil beings chase her, and questions arise about her own identity. She is running out of time and running for her life, while trying to unravel the mystery of what they want from her. 

Forced into a battle set into motion long before she was born, will Skylar find the answers she seeks, or will she die trying?






What an absolutely amazing story. I don't know what has taken me so long to start reading this book, but it was sure worth the wait though.

The characters were phenomenal. I loved learning about Skylar and Mason. They are truly a match made in Heaven. I also loved how each character had a different magical element from certain different mythological Gods.

The story-line was breathtakingly remarkable. I was enchanted by the words that flowed off the page. I was constantly wanting to know what would happen next. Lots of feelers in this story too, with many incredible events. This is a very addicting story and I highly recommend it.






From Deities






A mysterious stranger enters Skylar’s inner circle, destroying her precarious peace. She begins college amid new secrets, emerging powers, fresh dangers, and a potential stepfather.

In New Olympus, a hidden dwelling place for descendants of the gods, she finally gets answers. But can she trust them? Skylar and the Grand family must work together with these descendants to discover the key to their rescue from the evolving, evil vultures of Hades. 

As the threat increases, Skylar must learn to control her newfound powers and decide who to trust before it’s too late.




This book is absolutely fabulous. I loved everything about it from the characters to the plot twists.

The characters were amazing and I felt as if I could connect with Skylar. She is such a strong and brave girl. 

The story-line was incredible. I loved all the twists and turns that happened at the turn of each magical page. I highly recommend this read.





No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...