Thursday, October 26, 2017

REVIEW: The House on Beale Street by Loraine J. Hudson







A dream house in a small town. 
A cup of coffee on her porch. 
Her dog at her feet. 
What could possibly go wrong? 
Plenty. 

Bumps in the night, unwelcome visitors, an angry friend, and a lingering threat from a local robbery leave Marianne Reed wondering if her new home might become a nightmare. The question is, is it new house jitters, or is danger just around the corner? 

The House on Beale Street is the debut novel by Loraine J Hudson, who lives and writes in a small town in Michigan. She loves oldies rock music, stained glass, playing in her garden, snuggling with her dogs, riding her off-track thoroughbred horse, and – of course – writing. She has also published a series of middle grades fantasy chapter books under her pen name, Judith Wade. 







What an amazing little mystery story this was and I really enjoyed it.

The characters were phenomenal. I loved Marianne's spirit and she had a wonderful personality. I also loved her dog. He was the kind of animal that was laid back until he had to be protective.

The story-line was remarkable. I loved how the author twisted this tale by adding a bit of mystery and suspense in a town full of friendly people. I also loved how the author added Nancy Drew within the story. This was a memorable read that I completely enjoyed from beginning to end. I highly recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...