Monday, October 30, 2017

SALE BLITZ: The Legends Saga Collection by Stacey Rourke


The Legends Saga
Author: Stacey Rourke
Genre: Fantasy/Folklore
Hosted by: Lady Amber’s PR





The Horseman is unending, his presence shan’t lessen.

If you break the curse, you become the legend.

Cursed by the malevolent spirit of the Headless Horseman, Ireland Crane seeks a way to break free from her soul crushing bond. Croaking ravens. Telltale hearts. Dizzying time travel. Coercive witchcraft.

The lines between fact and fiction blur as the works of Washington Irving, Edgar Allen Poe, HG Wells, and Nathaniel Hawthorne come alive around her in this thrilling three book series:
Crane
Raven
Steam

“Stacey Rourke delivers a heart pounding thrill ride …Your heart will race and your breath will hitch with each terrifying step the Horseman’s steed takes as he closes in on his next unsuspecting victim.” -2 Girls & A Book

“Ms. Rourke has a definite talent for taking characters from stories that we read growing up and giving them such a unique twist that they almost seem like an entirely new fictional character.” -My Book Filled Life


Buy Link: Amazon 





CRANE
WOW...What would you do if you found out you were a descendant of a fairy tale story in a strange fairy tale sort of town. And that fairy tale has come to life in a blink of an eye and becomes you? I for sure wouldn't know what I would do.

For Ireland, that very thing happens and we are lead to believe the twisted characters of our childhood stories are just that stories, but in reality of this book they are actually real life people and their events in the town have been fabricated to a point for us to believe that the character's turn of events were true, which turns out to be not quite true. Ireland has to confront this twisted tale head on and.......Well, you will just have to read it for yourself.

This twisted story brought a whole new level of writing from this author and one that I was not prepared for when I stepped into the world of Icabod Crane. I was reeled into the story straight from the very first sentence. I was surprised at the blood and gore, but yet there was a twist of comedy in it that was extremely unexpected. I felt as if I was dragged into fictional story that had unforeseen events that brought it completely alive with tragic twists and turns around every corner. I did have some things figured out in the story and yet I have some lingering questions that I am hoping will be answered in the next book. I was so entranced into the story-line, that I found myself not wanting to put the book down or in doing so felt as if my thoughts and part of my soul was left between the pages just waiting for my return. I have to take my proverbial hat off to this author for her imagination in bringing this story to life, and in a nutshell has won my vote of the greatest top ten horror stories of 2015. I highly recommend this story to adults 18+ due to violent scenes throughout the story. This is surely not for the faint of heart and a must read in my book and a great Halloween story. I give this a five book rating for a phenomenal and catchy story-line to a already twisted take of the headless horseman and Sleepy Hollow.


RAVEN
NEVERMORE......Wow, what another awesome way to bring forth old legends and making them into reality. This author has a way with words that will keep you craving to read more and this story is no different. I love how the author brought my favorite poet, Edgar Allen Poe to life and the love of his life and the trials and tribulations leading up until the very end. The characters are phenomenal and easy to fall in love with. I love the humor that the author added to the book. I love how she could turn one scene scary or dramatic and then turn around in that same scene and have one of the characters break the scene by making a joke or something funny would happen to them. This is a must read for ages 18+ due to some of the violence and language, but one I highly recommend. I could go as far to say that it could actually almost be a stand alone story all by itself. This story has left me craving and itching for more.

STEAM
I was intrigued by this story, yet saddened and shocked at the same time. This book brought forth all the legends that we love to life and death at the same time. A whisper of just what may have really happened in those days, just by the author's words. She made me believe that everything I knew was not what the legends lead me to believe. She did a fantastic job of setting the scene for all these make believe characters and making them jump off the page at me with every page I turned.

I was intrigued at how the author made these characters feel as if they were real and jumped off the pages at me and demanded my attention, particularly, Ireland and her curse of the headless horseman. Ireland alone made this book feel as if I was watching a movie in my head. I even found myself dreaming about Ireland and what I had just witnessed in the previous pages and day dreaming about what was yet to become of the rest of the story. Ireland is by far my favorite character out of all of them. 

I am saddened and shocked at how the ending turned out in this book and knowing that this is the end of the road makes it that much more saddening. 

There were also times where I thought the book kind of dragged on in a few places, but overall, I was glued to a world of fiction never before taken to these levels of awe and curiosity to want to learn more about each character and what made them who they became and portrayed throughout the story. Because I was so addicted to the story I was able to overlook the slow parts and keep reading until the very end.

The characters are phenomenal and unforgettable and the story line itself is one of pure genus and heart stopping, exhilarating, and a roller coaster of highs, lows, and a bit of comedy thrown in for kicks, which makes this a fun read. I give this story a five book review for the outstanding job this author has done bringing all of these old legends to life and making this one Saga worth reading. 

As I am writing this review, I wanna make sure to give this author a standing ovation for her writing style for this Saga and how she was able to capture my attention and keep me glued to my kindle from beginning to end. I highly recommend this book to all 18+ years old. 

Due To the violence in this story, this read is not for the faint of heart nor for the younger generation as some of this author's other works of art are. This one put a whole new spin and took me on an unbelievable ride that will always make me want to dive back into this world from time to time to relive these characters and their adventures leading up to the very end. This saga will be a household favorite from years to come and will always be a surprise to me no matter how many times I read it. This author has really outdone herself with this group of characters and brought forth a group that will be cherished in my mind, heart and soul forever.

*CAUTION: READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED*





RONE Award Winner for Best YA Paranormal Work of 2012 for Embrace, a Gryphon Series Novel

Young Adult and Teen Reader voted Author of the Year 2012

Turning Pages Magazine Winner for Best YA book of 2013 & Best Teen Book of 2013 

Stacey Rourke is the author of the award winning YA Gryphon Series, the chillingly suspenseful Legends Saga, and the romantic comedy Adapted for Film. She lives in Michigan with her husband, two beautiful daughters, and two giant dogs. She loves to travel, has an unhealthy shoe addiction, and considers herself blessed to make a career out of talking to the imaginary people that live in her head. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...