Wednesday, November 8, 2017

REVIEW: 'Not Quite' Series by Julia Mills




Vidalia



This is a short story with approximately 13,000 words. Enjoy! 

Great job...Sexy boyfriend...Heiress to the Georgia Onion Empire...Vidalia Fitzsimmons had it all until the day bodies started dropping from the sky...literally. 

Time is running out. The body count is multiplying. It's all up to a cop, a vampire and a self-proclaimed nerd to save the day. 

Hold onto your hats folks, you’re never gonna believe what happens next! 

This book contains explicit sexual material and violence. It is only suited for mature readers 18 years of age and older.


$.99





This was an extremely fun and laid back read!! It's full of action, suspense, and some detective work......And vampire's. Vidalia is full of wit, spunk, and an all around fun character to meet. I highly recommend this adorable story, because it's just an awesome and unforgettable read that I will re-read over and over again.




Phoebe




This is a Novella with approx 22,000 words. Enjoy! 

From pauper to princess to prisoner in forty-eight hours is a lot for anyone to handle, but she’s Phoebe O’Byrne, dammit! 

Phoebe thought her life had finally gotten easier, that she’d found her purpose. All she wanted to do was celebrate passing the BAR…then Grant Hollingsworth strolled into her life. 

Now, up is down, in is out, and people think they can turn into birds! Stop the world, this princess wants off! 

This book contains explicit sexual material and violence. It is only suited for mature readers 18 years of age and older.

 $.99




Another awesomely refreshing and fun read. Phoebe is a hoot, literally and I enjoyed reading about her. I highly recommend this story to all adult readers. This book is a stand alone, you don't need to read the first book to read this one.





Zoey




This is a Novella with approx 12,000 words, ENJOY! 

Fluorescent orange goo, one deranged raccoon and a road trip to the bottom of the lake can be life-changing. Goodness knows Zoey’s life was never the same but like everything else in her twenty plus years even returning from the dead didn’t go as planned. 

Can she save her town, have the love she deserves and NOT lose what’s left of her ‘almost-undead’ sanity? 

Only time will tell… 

This book contains explicit sexual material and violence. It is only suited for mature readers 18 years of age and older.


$.99





This is by far my favorite story out of the three of these short stories. It's refreshingly awesome and it had me laughing and tearing from beginning to end. Zoey is the best character and I loved reading every single minute of her 'Not Quite' a Zombie story and I highly recommend this magnificently awesome story





 Jax




This is a Novella with approx 19,000 words. Enjoy! 

Being related to royalty has presented its problems but everything was manageable, at least that was before retired Marine Jax Montgomery found himself at the bottom of a ravine with a broken leg and a bruised ego. 

After two tours in Afghanistan and learning that people grow feathers, wings and fur, Jax was sure nothing could surprise him, but things are about to get a whole lot 'hairier'. He was sure he had the tiger by the tail but it seems pumas are a whole lot harder to catch. 

This book contains explicit sexual material and violence. It is only suited for mature readers 18 years of age and older.


 $.99





I read the first three books in this series and I just HAD to own and read this one, because I loved the other ones so much.

This was a magnificent read. I loved how the author brought this story to life and how she brought forth characters from a previous story in this series. I highly recommend this series to all adults who love romance with a bit of action and suspense mixed together. I hope you fall in love with the adventure and compassion in this story as I did. This book does not have to be read in order and can be a stand alone, but I do highly recommend reading Phoebe's story first to understand everything.




Heidi




From the armpit of Hell to Lucifer-only-knows-where, West Virginia (Sue me! I lost the directions.) at the speed of light with my new bestie, Bert the imp and my hooker alter-ego, Lola without a plan or a clue. 

Ten days is all I have before the love of my life marries the Princess of Hell and my dreams for a smokin’ ever after go up in flames. It’s DEF CON 666 and this girl is outta time and outta choices. 

One of these witches better have a plan to turn this Not-Quite Hellhound into a four-legged, butt-sniffing daughter of Cerberus or Satan himself is gonna make an appearance and we’re all gonna be flambĂ©ed. 
Time is running out, my fur coat is nowhere to be found and all I can think about is jumping that Hunky Hellhound’s bones…. Hades help us, who does a girl have to kill to get a quad shot, no foam, caramel macchiato in this one- horse town? 



$1.99






Wow, what another amazing story with another sassy character.

Heidi is an awesome character. She had me laughing out loud a lot throughout the story. Heidi is so full of snark and sass and I just couldn't put the book down.

The story-line was phenomenal. I was glued from beginning to end with every twist and turn of the page. It was so incredible that it kept me entertained and I highly recommend it.




Lola




The Asscrack Gang and I are about to get busy! 

Being single in a world where everything is thorn-covered roses and bags of bloody bones sucks! Heidi’s got Hunter, Bert’s got Luci…hell, even Lucifer’s got Trixie and then there’s me, the sexiest alter ego this side of Purgatory… stuck inside a Hellhound who’s happier than a zombie at the body farm in her new wedded bliss. Sure, Heidi and her Hunkie Hellhound hump like rabbits getting ready for Easter but even that’s gotten boring. I need to get out, see the Underworld, sow my wild oats. I mean, a girl’s gotta get hers while the gettin’s good, am I right? 

It’s taken six long months of bitchin’… I mean persuading, but Heidi’s finally agreed to let me have a body of my own. So, it’s back into the Lady Bug Express and off to West Virginia, but this time we’re avoiding the crazy Aunties and heading straight for Asscrack. Zelda, the next Baba Yaga and Almighty Shifter Wanker has agreed to help. She plans to yank me outta Heidi and shove me into a fresh new body before the next full moon. Then it’s bingo bango, Lola’s gonna get her groove on. 

It looks like I might even end up with some powers, seems Katie, the chickie whose skin will now be mine, was a witch before she hocused when she should have pocused. I might have to sidestep her sisters and hideout from some vamps but it'll all be worth it. Imagine the possibilities… me with magic. I’m positively giddy at the idea. 

The plan is flawless. I mean, come on, what could go wrong?


$1.99






I have been following this Author's style of writing for a while now and though she writes about a wicked Dragons Series, I can't seem to get enough of the 'Not Quite' Series and I have to say these are my favorites.

Lola has spunk, sass, and a kick butt and take names later attitude about her that kept me reading more about her at the turn of every page. I just absolutely loved this bubbly and fantastic character. Her personality and antics brought forth a fun, enjoyable, and unique story that had me cracking up and having a great time. The story-line is very fast paced and yet so extremely addicting at the same time. I just couldn't help but fall in love with this story. I highly recommend this magnificent read!!





Sammie Jo




Wearing the fur, waving the wand and wrecking the world! From Witch to familiar in one Bibbidi, Bobbidi, BOOM! It’s back to Asscrack to beg and grovel and pray to the Goddess that Zelda, the next Baba Yaga and Almighty Shifter Wanker will undo the mess I’ve made and return me to my beautifully curvy body on two legs instead of the four little furry ones I am sporting right now. 

Let me share with you that smelling butts and having yours accosted at every turn by any random nose from any random animal who just happens to be passing by, is really not a turn-on. I’m ready to be human again in the worst way and willing plead and clean toilets (Gross!) if Zelda will just make with the magic and goofy rhyming spell. 

Of course, there’s a hitch and I’m praying she doesn’t ask because if she does I might die of embarrassment before I ever get to wear my new Jimmy Choos. Can you keep a secret? This is just between us, right? Good! Well, the spell that went crazy and covered not only my backyard but also me in neon orange lava was a ritual of my design meant to find my one true mate. So, now I’m wondering if getting changed in a cat and having your magic go on the fritz is the Universe’s way of saying, “You, Sammie Jo, are doomed to live alone. Give it up and go be a cat, at least it’s better than a cat lady. 

Sigh! I just hope I didn’t mess up something in the fabric of time and space and let a big, ghoul in because then there’s no way Zelda will save my ass. Yay! One more thing to worry about. I think I’ll go lay in the sun and take a nap, I’m about ten hours short of my required sixteen and I’d hate to get bags under these tiny little cat eyes. 

Toodles and…keep the faith, I’m gonna need all the help I can get. 


 $1.99





What an awesome and refreshing read. I really enjoyed it.

Sammie Jo is a witch full of sass and spunk and she kept me entertained from beginning to end.

The story-line is incredible. I loved how the author makes some of these characters mingle and interact with previous characters from the other books. This was a magnificent twist of a story and I highly recommend it.





Harmony




Get away from the city, they said. 
You’ll love it in the country, they promised. 
You inherited a frikkin’ mansion, whatcha got to lose? 

Yeah, well, that’s the last time I listen to those boobs! 

It wasn’t bad enough that my Pepto-Bismal-pink VW van went missing. But now, Ernesto the Parrot keeps making obscene comments about my butt, Wendy, the one-eyed cat is having a mid-life crisis and Festus, the dancing donkey has gone on an all vegan diet. Oh, and let me not forget that my dearly-departed Auntie Dot is not-so dearly-departed and she’s trying to fix me up with a dead guy. 

I swear, the next time somebody leaves me a house… I’m not moving in, I’m just droppin’ it on one of my relatives. 

See ya’ in Asscrack. Anything’s better than this crap.


 $1.99





What another amazing story. I absolutely fell in love with this romance story.

The characters were phenomenal. Harmony was sassy, vivacious and an all around fun character to read. Her thoughts and fears just flowed from the pages as I continued to read about her.

The story-line was incredible. I loved every bit of this story from beginning to end. There was such a strong plot with a remarkable and exciting ending. I am completely in love with this whole series. I highly recommend it.







4 comments:

  1. I just love this series - they are all great stories, hilarious with lots of belly laughs! Ms. Julia writes awesome books in any genre - if you haven't read her, you don't know what you are missing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so true!! Thank you for stopping by and commenting!!

      Delete

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...