Friday, May 11, 2018

REVIEW: Dear Maggie by Rachael Brownell





Dear Maggie
Rachael Brownell





Lauren Norton has never been in love. When it comes to relationships, she’s far from the expert her new job demands she becomes. Smart and witty, Lauren takes control of the situation, signing up for a dating website to conduct a little research. She may have been thrust into her situation, but she’ll fake it until she makes it… or fail miserably should someone realize the real Maggie isn’t offering her usual wit and wisdom.

Kyle Long is still healing after his fiancée left him at the altar last spring. Headed further down the rabbit hole, his sister, Hope, steps in and takes control of his love life. Her first move? Ask Maggie, the local expert on everything love related. To get his sister off his back, Kyle promises to give Maggie's advice a chance, no matter what it is.
 







Since this book was released, I have wanted to read it so bad and I am so glad that I did. What a magnificent and incredible idea for a story!! This is for sure one I have never read before and there were times that I was made to stop and think.

The characters were incredible. I loved how real the characters were in the story. It didn't feel like fictional characters but real life people. Lauren and Kyle's story was just pure genius. The way their parts intermingled within the story just made it so much fun to read. 

The story-line was phenomenal. The author took us on a journey through not one, but a few stories about love and advise. Brownell amazed me by how she entangled each story together into a small series. I felt as if I was a part of each story and living it with each character that I read about. Each story made me stop and think about how true some of these situations are in real life. I also found myself pondering the idea of how many people in this world really do rely on advise from a stranger in a newspaper column. This is a fantastic read and I highly recommend it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...