Friday, July 27, 2018

MEET THE AUTHOR: L.C. Miller



Welcome back to Black Words-White Pages!! This week, we are sitting down with L.C. Miller and asking her a few questions just to get to know her a little bit better. So without further adieu, let's meet her now!!


MEET L.C. Miller




Most of my favorite authors are indie or self-pubbed, what made you decide to go that route?
That would be Janet Wallace, the woman who created UTOPiA (utopYA back then). I worked at her first ever conference and saw how the indie community was all about helping each other and were all around very supportive.


What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
It would probably be just how loud a character can get inside your head. Once you decide to write, they are like screaming toddlers demanding to be heard. You love them, but peace and quiet every now and then would be appreciated, lol.


Which of your characters are you most like? Least like?
I think I am the most like Abby Herrin. She’s very quiet, loyal to those she loves, and tries her best at whatever she does. I’d say I am the least like Rainy. Rainy is very ballsy and is very much a go-getter even if told the word no, lol.


Do you have a particular writing habit??
I need to have noise around me; whether it be at a coffee shop, playing music, or having the TV on. Writing in silence can make it hard for me to concentrate.


If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?  
I don’t think of these people as actual mentors, but I very much look up to those who publish often and/or have great stories –Christy Sloat, Jenn Nixon, Rue Volley, etc. Far too many to list them all, lol.


Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
YES! Rue Volley and her 13 ways to Midnight series and Christy Sloat with her Librarian Chronicles.


What is the hardest part of your writing?
For me, it is figuring which scene I want to start with and where exactly I want it to fit within the story.


Do you have any advice for other writers?
I am sure they’ve all heard this before, but my advice is to just keep at it. One day all your hard work will land you exactly where you want to be.


Describe yourself in three words.
Loyal. Kind. Determined.

I know characters are like children but if you could chose, who’s your favorite from your books?

Oh geez… that is a tough one. I would say Abby from my Abby series because she always tries to look at the positive side of situations even though she goes through some tough times. And in my Cloverfield series, I would say their leader, Devon. Devon rose up from a very lonely and hard childhood to run one of the largest supernatural safe havens around.


Any song or songs that could basically sum up the overall mood of your writing?

I listen to a lot of Evanescence, Linkin Park, and Lindsey Sterling when I write.

Do you plot out your books or just freely write them and let the characters tell you what to do next?
I usually have an idea in my head where I want the story to end, but let the characters tell me how to get there.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider the biggest influence in your writing?
I honestly can’t pick just one. I read books from a lot of great authors and in some way, shape, or form, they influence and inspire me.

What are your current projects? Can you share a little of your current work with us?
Currently I am working on Abby and the Wielders book 3, while also working on 2 different Cloverfield Collection stories – one involving a witch and a werewolf. The second involving a demigoddess and a werewolf pack.


Thank you so much, L.C. Miller, for stopping by and letting us learn a bit about you!! If you are interested in following this author or learning more about this author's books you can follow her at Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...