Friday, November 29, 2019

RELEASE DAY BLITZ & REVIEW: Apocalypse Five by Stacey Rourke




The Apocalypse Five
Archive of the Five Book One
Stacey Rourke




The end of the world is coming. How or when, scientists can’t agree upon. For decades, Earth’s best line of defense has been a team of young soldiers known as the Apocalypse Five, forced into virtual reality simulations to train for Doom’s Day. But, this is no game. Death on the grid is brutally final and calls up the next in a long line of cadets.


Stationed aboard the AT-1-NS Starship, the A5 are celebrities thrust into the limelight by a calling they didn’t choose. All it takes is one unscheduled mission, showing seventeen-year-old team leader Detroit a harsh and unfathomable reality, to shake the A5’s belief in all they thought they knew. After questioning people with the power to destroy them, the team is framed for a crime they didn’t commit and marked for death.



Now, the hunt is on. Can the Apocalypse Five expose the truth the starship would kill to keep hidden? Or, will their bravery end in a public execution?



"Fans of The Hunger Games will love this fresh dystopian thriller, featuring a band of instantly lovable characters that must fight together in a sci-fi twist, in and out of simulations for their freedom in reality." —BookTrib




Have a pleasant Apocalypse.

Wow….This is completely different compared to what I am used to by this author, but her spunk and sass is encrypted within the pages of this awesome read.

The characters are phenomenal. I loved the fierceness of each character and the feelers that I felt as I read this story. Of course, I must say that Dee (Detroit) was my favorite character. She was a kick butt character who didn’t take names, but made sure that her number one priority was keeping everyone safe and using honking HUGE weaponry to do it too.

The story-line was incredible. This book was packed full of action and suspense that happened throughout the entire book. And the attention to details were so clear, I felt as if I was watching a movie in my mind. I even went to bed dreaming about the scenes that I read before I went to sleep. There were a lot of feelers within this book as well. Be prepared to be shocked, to cry and/or lash out at the author as you read this story. I very seldom act out out loud when I read, but this story gave me no choice. I gasped, whooped, hollered, fist pumped and snot cried. At one point in the book, I literally scared my cat right off the bed!! Rourke has for sure outdone herself again and has proven that she can write any genre that pops out of her mind!! I highly recommend this read.
 

CAN I PLEASE HAVE BOOK 2?!?!?!?!





No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...