Friday, September 11, 2020

🐺🐺🐺AUTHOR INTERVIEW: PROMETHEUS SUSAN🐺🐺🐺

 


Welcome back to Black Words-White Pages!! This week we are getting to know Author Prometheus Susan by asking her some questions. Join us and read what this author has to share with us.


AUTHOR Q&A

Most of my favorite authors are indie or self-pubbed, what made you decide to go that route? 

I started out going the traditional publishing route. Was accepted by a publisher. But after years of no response, no movement forward, no communication, I decided that I wanted full control over my work so I went the indie route. Haven’t looked back since. 


What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

How easy it was to publish with Kindle. Besides the nightmare of formatting. The e-book is super easy. 


Do you have a particular writing habit?

I write at the kitchen table so that I can take breaks and also get household stuff done and this way hubs doesn’t feel neglected when he is watching TV. If I’m alone, either the ID channel is playing in the background or my playlist of music. 


If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

I’ve gotten advice from some amazing authors. But Brian K Morris has been my biggest mentor. He helped me format and guided me with my first that I self published and anytime I have a question. He is always there with an answer. Or guides me to where to find the answer 


Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

Douglas Pierce. His energy is amazing. 


What is the hardest part of your writing? 

Staying centered on one story. Not letting my muses run wild. 


Do you have any advice for other writers?

Keep writing. Write from the heart. Do not get discouraged. There are some amazing authors out there that are helpful, funny and become great friends. Be yourself. 


Describe yourself in three words.  That’s hard.  Quirky. 


I know the characters are like children but if you could choose, who’s your favorite from your books? Of all time? 

Mikearik from Ocean Found. He was my first. 


Any song or songs that could basically sum up the overall mood of your current book?  Sugar from Maroon 5. 


Do you plot out your books or just freely write them and let the characters tell you what to do next? 

I have a general idea where it’s going. I know the basics. They tell me the rest. And change it when they feel like it. 


If you had to choose, who would you consider the biggest influence in your writing?

My husband. When I decided to start writing. He encouraged me to keep submitting to publishers. Then supported my decision to go indie. When I get discouraged, he is there for me. Even through the tears, he is always cheering me on. When I’m excited over a review, cover, release, etc. He celebrates with me. When I was formatting Betrayed. And I was frustrated, crying. Ready to give up. He isn’t technology savvy. But his offer came from his heart and was the only way he could think of to fix the problem. He offered to buy me a new laptop. To him it would fix the problem. That made me laugh, stopped my train of thinking, allowed me to see it in a different light.  


What are your current projects? Can you share a little of your current work with us?

At the moment, am working towards finishing up Harper.  He is a wolf shifter with a few imperfections. His ears are pointy, facial hair that never goes away, prominent nose and longer canine teeth. Growing up he was made fun of, laughed at, bullied. So he hides in the shadows. He sees the ugliness of the teasing. Even finding his mate. He won’t reveal himself until a dear bear shifter who considers herself his mom pushes him to rescue his mate. And my next Christmas book which is Bound Christmas. It’s one of the dragon brothers who has an affinity to ropes. And his mate is a unicorn. 


Thank you, Prometheus Susan for stopping by and talking to us!! I have enjoyed learning a bit about you!!!


You can follow this author at:



No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...