Friday, October 23, 2020

🧹🧹🧹 AUTHOR Q&A: CD GORRI & P MATTERN 🧹🧹🧹

 

Welcome back to Black Words-White Pages!! This week, we are going to get to know these two authors a little bit by doing an Author Q&A!! So without further adieu, let's get to it!!




AUTHOR Q&A

WHAT WENT INTO YOUR DECISION TO WRITE G'WITCHES?

CD: This is actually my first time co-writing and when Patricia had so graciously made the suggestion I didn’t quite know how it would pan out. To say I am ecstatic is no exaggeration. She is such a lovely and talented author, a wonderful friend, and she could not have made this a more enjoyable experience.  After I designed the cover, I just fell in love with the idea and am so grateful she picked me! LOL.

P: As far as I remember I asked her for a cover for a title I was playing with because she is such a multi-talented goddess-when I saw it it was so over the top adorable I was blown away, and I was like,"Aren't you the teeniest bit tempted to write this with me?" because she is a kick*ss writer as well!


WHAT CHARACTERS ARE YOUR FAVORITES?

CD: I adore the sisters of course, but I have a soft spot for Melvin. He is just so brilliant and adorably loyal. He is my favorite, I confess.

P: I love the Fairchild witches but Aggie makes me laugh because she lives for the moment and I fell in love with the witches little brother Melvin, named by CD Gorri, instantly because he is such a surprising character.



WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE HALLOWEEN MEMORY?

CD: I suppose I have two because as a kid I would just love dressing up and attending the parade my hometown would hold on the main street every year, afterwards my grammar school would have the best Halloween dance and it was just the most fun.


As an adult, I truly love making or shopping for my kids’ costumes and taking them trick-or-treating with friends, but the best part is coming home for some Hocus Pocus, followed by some old school scares like Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th.


P: My sister and I ages 4 and 7 wearing black yarn wigs, flip flops and homemade kimonos dressed as Geishas for Halloween-like we could fool anyone with our blue eyes and blonde hair poking out!



DESCRIBE YOURSELF IN 3 WORDS


CD: Honest. Diligent. Dreamer.


P: Eager, Canny, Kind



DO YOU HAVE ANY WIP'S THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE WITH US?


CD: I always have several going on with once, but I really can’t wait for Dragon Shield which is coming out in January and is book 2 in my Guardians of Chaos series published with CHBB’s Hot Ink Press. It is on pre-order now, so don’t forget to reserve your copy today and start 2021 on a happy note! 😉


P: How long have you got?

"American Handmaidens" for CHBB coming in November 2020
"HALO", book 8 of FUll Moon Series with Lynne Ligocki Gauthier coming in December
A fun Christmas Novella. "Phucky the ELf Plays Matchmaker' for Purely Paranormal Pleasures coming along too!

Wow, sounds like both of you have some awesome projects coming and I can't wait to read them!! Thank you both for stopping by to talk to me!!!

CD: Thank you!!

P: Thanks so much for interviewing us!


You can follow both Authors at the links listed below!!!



Make sure to pre-order your copy of G"WITCHES







No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...