Monday, November 16, 2020

☠️☠️☠️ AUTHOR Q&A: William Joseph ☠️☠️☠️

 


Welcome back to Black Words-White Pages!! This week, I sat down with William Joseph and talked with him for a little bit!! Check out the author's interview with me below!!



WILLIAM JOSEPH

William Joseph was born in Lakewood New Jersey. He grew up in nearby Pine Beach New Jersey. An only child and highly imaginative, William Joseph spent a lot of time writing growing up, but it wasn’t until he finally felt that he had a story to tell with THIS IS WAR that he stuck with it from beginning to end. During this time, William Joseph attended Ocean County College and graduated with honors and two degrees. While in college, he also attended a creative writing class, where, for the first time he shared his work with other people. Sharing a short story with them and seeing how he could emotionally connect with his readers got him hooked. His short story was published in his college’s literary magazine, and since then, the pursuit for publishing his work began, as well as the dedication and dream of writing more books and stories. He has many works, spanning many different genres in progress and cannot wait to share them with the world.


What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?


With this book in particular I was very surprised by where the story took me. I originally planned for this to be a maybe 10k word short story. It ended up over 55k! Once I started I couldn’t stop.


Which of your characters are you most like - least like in your current book?


Cain. He’s the main character and one of the only actual characters the audience gets to really be with in this story. I have an unshakable faith even though I’m not religious. So like Cain I always feel like I’m being guided by some internal unexplained force.



Do you have a particular writing habit?


Procrastination 😂



Is there a writer would you consider a mentor?


Rue Volley. I said this last time you interviewed me. She’s goals. #fact



What is the hardest part of your writing?


The blurb. I despise it yet enjoy it. It is torture but something I feel like I need to do rather than have someone do it for me.



Do you have any advice for other writers?


Sit down and write. Stop making excuses.



Describe yourself in three words?


Ambitious, confident, friendly.



Any song or songs that could basically sum up the overall mood of your writing?


For this book I listened to a lot of dark instrumental creepy music and songs from Avatar and Ghost B.C.



Do you plot out your books or just freely write them and let the characters tell you what to do next?


I plot to an extent, but as soon as I start writing, the book does it’s own thing. I try to keep certain points in mind but I let the story take me where it wants.



If you had to choose, who or what was the biggest influence in your writing?


Life, my dreams, my ideas.



What are your current projects? Can you share a little of your current work with us?


Currently working on releasing Alpha, a Horror Erotic Romance novel. Also got a bunch of other Horror novels in the works including one called Fear Island. I’ll be revealing the cover for that shortly!


I so can't wait to read more from you, William!! Thank you so much for stopping by and chatting with me!!! You can follow the author at the links below!!





AND PURCHASE YOUR COPY OF LEVIATHAN OR READ FOR FREE ON KU






No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...