Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sarah J Carr Author

pRevealing Hamilton: Prequal

Blurb Amelia Hamilton is trying to bury a haunting past and lead a normal life. Surrounded by an abusive boyfriend, greedy boss and secretive friends, Amelia's head is swimming as she tries to uproot the skeletons in their closets. The end of a pleasant day at Alki Beach in Seattle turns sour, nudging her life in an unexpected direction. Quickly, she'll learn one decision can cause a domino effect and she's in deeper than she ever thought possible. After all, the end of one era marks the beginning of the next.

Excerpt

The end of one era marks the beginning of the next…
Six months before the blizzard
“Amelia Hamilton, you can’t be serious!” Jenae’s emerald green eyes widened as her jaw dropped. “Do you hear what you’re saying?”
“I didn’t say yes…yet.” I repositioned my oversized sunglasses and bit my lip. “You make it sound like he proposed.” Kyra choked on a mouthful of bottled water as it sprayed out of her mouth onto my arm. “Proposed? That’s ridiculous. He asked you to move in with him? Like live together?”  I scrunched my nose at the liquid dripping down my wrist. “Yep.” I sat up on the frayed beach towel, curling my toes into the sand. Positive my face was turning the same brilliant shade of red as Jenae’s hair, I looked away. Slumping my shoulders, I watched Jenae purse her lips and draw a deep breath. I’d known her long enough to envision the wheels spinning in her head as she debated how to continue the conversation without hurting my feelings.

What people are saying about this book:
"This was a real short introduction to the characters of JackRabbit 7, and I am hooked! I am so excited to read this series! In this prequel, we meet Amelia and her best friends and we get a little taste of the horrors that await her in Revealing Hamilton, which I can't wait to start reading! So glad I've already got it loaded on the Kindle! If you haven't had the chance to read this one yet, get it now! I know she has a new one in the series coming soon!!!"~Elizabeth "Elizabeth A. Lance" 

"I loved this little novella, it is a prequel to the Jack Rabbit7 series, I can't wait to read the rest in this series, in this one we meet Amelia, her life is so messed up, but she is such a complex character, that you just fall in love with her, This author has such a wicked sense of humour, such a wicked & twisted mind, I am sticking everything this author does on my wishlist and I will be working my way through them all, I love this series already and I have only read the prequel, I don't want to give too much away, but really think there should be more between Amelia and Donovan, there just seems to be something laying in the wings with these two, I will never look at heats in the same way again, Highly recommend to all my friends, 5/5"~Jnewberry123

Purchase

Revealing Hamilton

Blurb A conversation with a stranger changes Amelia Hamilton's life forever. When she learns her grandfather faked his own death, normalcy slips from Amelia's grasp. To make matters worse, he is coming for her in less than seven days. What she hasn't determined is why. Amelia's grandfather, Marius Benedict, once headed The Physician Coalition, an elite group of doctors who threw the Hippocratic Oath out the window. Years ago, they used a low-risk medical research study as a front for their experiments. Without their consent, innocents were injected with JackRabbit7, a hazardous substance used to alter their DNA. The victims were left with less-than-desirable super-human powers or excruciating death. Years after he disbanded the group, Marius has a new plan and is reforming The Coalition. Max, a mysterious stranger from the Insurance Agency, offers to help keep Amelia safe. He introduces The Agency as an underground government organization that contains and eliminates those who intend to harm the world. To protect The Agency, the truth of their activities are concealed and replaced with sugar-coated stories in the media. Over the course of the next week, Amelia has to accept the truth and learn who can be trusted. At midnight on her 23rd birthday, a contract between The Coalition and The Insurance Agency will expire, giving Marius full rein to approach his granddaughter and finish the project he started with her so many years ago.

Excerpt 
Something felt wrong.
In the living room, an ottoman rested on its side and a magazine lay open on the floor. A colorful article advertising Las Vegas blared from the pages. From the corner of my eye, the screen of Connor’s cell phone caught my attention. I watched it periodically blink, communicating new messages awaited. I went to the kitchen next and found the latest stack of mail on the island. The top envelope made me cringe when I saw the return address. It was another letter from the State of Washington. This one was addressed to Amelia Brooks. My identity had been an issue for years. Since age 18, I submitted multiple requests to change my last name from my grandfather’s back to my parents. With each attempt, the paperwork came back denied, stating my name was Amelia Benedict or another obscure surname starting with the letter “B”. Double-checking each field, I clearly filled out the forms to read Amelia Hamilton, but was contradicted every time. I determined it a sick way for my grandfather to haunt me from the grave. The latest correspondence would have to wait. A broken wine bottle and bandage wrappers were on the counter next to the refrigerator. Droplets of dark fluid created a path from the bottle to the sink, making me shudder. The room began to feel too warm and nausea flooded my stomach. I grabbed a rolling pin from the island, gripping it so tightly my knuckles hurt.
“Calm down, Amelia,” I said. “There’s a logical explanation and no one is going to hurt you.” I forced my mind away from childhood memories of a basement. Swallowing hard, I tiptoed across the living room to the bedroom. As usual, the door was cracked open. I held the pin over my head, ready to attack in an instant. From where I stood, I couldn’t see more than the corner of the dresser and a beam of soft light. I took a deep breath and pushed the door open. A flashlight rested on the nightstand, pointed toward the ceiling. As I scanned the room, my jaw dropped and my heart paused.“Connor?” I dropped the makeshift weapon at my feet.

What people are saying
"I absolutely loved this book and I can't wait to read Embracing Hamilton when it comes out! Amelia is an awesome heroine with so many things working against her, every little bit of hard fought happiness is countered with adversity. I find myself anxiously awaiting the next catastrophe that will befall her! I adore Nick, and hope he survives to have a relationship with her! As for the others in her life... well let's just say I'm feeling vindictive on Amelia`s behalf! Loved every second of this captivating story! A definite must read!!!"~Elizabeth "Elizabeth A. Lance"

"First of all, I am giving this a 4.5 star rating because the standard that Sarah J. Carr will set for herself in future works will surpass this amazing story.
Second - I have not read a fiction novel that had me so captivated in a very long time. I read this book at every opportunity - breaks, standing in line, etc. Every page hooked me to the next. Yes - it's a "page turner". There are twists and turns, both expected and unexpected that keep you thoroughly entertained and on your toes.


One of the greatest things about this book is Carr's ability to develop characters. I got so pulled in that I found myself wanting to call Amelia (main character) to warn her about one of the other characters in the story. You really get a sense of each person's personality, strengths, and flaws.


On a personal note, one thing I look for in fiction is good prose. One descriptive verb far outweighs 100 of the most beautiful adjectives, for example. Sarah J. Carr is very talented in language use and very much impressed me in this regard.


I anxiously await her next installment!"~mj "mj"

Purchase

Embracing Hamilton


Blurb In book two, Amelia Hamilton's life is becoming more complicated by the minute. Still mourning multiple deaths, she struggles to accept severed relationships and embrace the present. During this difficult period, she is faced with a dilemma. Should she accept a position within the IA or blend back into her old existence and pretend the past few months never happened? 

The truth regarding a flu pandemic pushes her over the edge, sending Amelia on a whirlwind trip to Nevada where she’ll face Levi Hewitt, the leader of the IA. The Physician Coalition is preparing to release a deadly disease to the population if Amelia doesn't act fast. Unbeknownst to them, people will be pressured to endure the radical and potentially deadly side effects of JackRabbit7. To make matters worse, a child tied to Amelia's past is a target and he’s in danger.

When death warrants and Project 1931 enter the equation, Amelia finds herself enduring an internal struggle. Should she end her own life, hoping to destroy her grandfather or continue to live, knowing she will have to chase Marius and risk the others he intends to harm for the rest of her life?


COMING SOON....



Embracing Hamilton Trailer





Sarah Jayne Carr is a novelist who can be found most evenings with a cup of tea in-hand and her imagination racing from plot to plot. When away from her work, part of her mind is constantly brainstorming her next story and she always has writing paraphernalia within reach. She wrote stories as a child, but became more serious about her passion during her twenties. In her spare time, she likes to read, splash in mud puddles, smell bookstores and eat Honeycrisp apples. Yearly, she participates in NaNoWriMo and has mentored others through the program. Due to her dedication to National Novel Writing Month, she is part of an amazing writing group. Born and raised in Washington State, Sarah still resides in the area. Her life is richly filled with her supportive, yet swashbuckling husband and their golden Nugget. 

Follow Sarah



5:00pm until 8:00pm in PDT

Facebook! If you have an internet connection, you're already there!
Join the party as the JackRabbit7 chaos continues! There'll be games and trivia! I'll try to keep the JackRabbit7 injections to a minimum. For some reason, no one seems to like them.

Clink on the link below

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring me today! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome and thank you for stopping by!!!!

      Delete

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...