Wednesday, February 22, 2017

REVIEW: Fractured Reflections by Lucian Barnes



Fractured Reflections
Lucian Barnes




There are certain situations in nearly every individual's life that trigger an emotional response. Fear is often one of the most difficult to deal with—whether it's mankind's atrocities toward one another, or something which goes bump in the night, forcing a person to admit that monsters are indeed real. Surely one or more of the nine tales contained herein will leave its mark on you. Journey forth, if you dare, into the nightmare-inducing mind of the author, but be warned ... the Fractured Reflections you see within the mirror may have their own agenda!






"The Fractured Reflections you see within the mirror may have their own agenda!"

Boy, no truer words were ever spoken!! This book was freaky, frightening, and yet fantastic all at the same time. This book is full of short stories that will keep you on the edge of your seat and fearing anything that goes bump in the night. This is not your typical bedtime read, unless you want to sleep with the lights on and run noise all night long. Each of these remarkable stories kept me turning the page, because I HAD to know what would happen to each character next throughout the story. I absolutely loved all the stories, but my favorite story was Griselda & the Seven Gnomes. But hey, I am always a sucker for a classic retelling, even if it's got a gruesome twist. I loved the characters and the creepy and gory scenes in this story, but for me, the more blood and gore in a story, the better you keep my attention. I highly recommend this awesome read!!  

Due to the graphic scenes in this book of short stories, it is not for the faint of heart nor anyone under the age of 18. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.


No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...