Monday, September 25, 2017

AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT: Jenny's Review




Welcome back to our final week with M.C.V. Egan. I have had the opportunity to read and review this author's books and I am going to share them with you all.



The Bridge of Deaths



On August 15th 1939, at the brink of World War II, an English plane crashed and sunk in Danish waters. Five deaths were reported: two Standard Oil of New Jersey employees, a German Corporate Lawyer, an English member of Parliament, and a crew member for the airline. Here is a conceivable version of the events.




I have to start out by saying I was a little leery about whether or not I would like this book. I knew from the beginning that this was not one of my usual reads, but I was intrigued and took it to my local library and myself and a librarian did a little research check on it!! The more we read about the book and the reviews that went with it, it intrigued me more and I set off for home to start reading it.

WOW, what an amazing story this is!! I was extremely fascinated and addicted to it from beginning to end!! The book is very well written and is very fast paced!! I could tell that the author took a lot of time and did a lot of research to bring this story alive!! I had half this book read before I went to sleep the very first night!! I felt like I was part of the story and could relate to the characters!! It's a MUST read Adult book and a refreshingly unique story that will keep you reading more!! Thank you, M.C.V. for this fabulous story!!



The Bridge of Deaths
Revised Edition





On August 15th, 1939, an English passenger plane from British Airways Ltd. crashed in Danish waters between the towns of Nykøbing Falster and Vordingborg. There were five casualties reported and one survivor. Just two weeks before, Hitler invaded Poland. With the world at the brink of war, the manner in which this incident was investigated left much open to doubt. The jurisdiction battle between the two towns and the newly formed Danish secret police created an atmosphere of intrigue and distrust. The Bridge of Deaths is a love story and a mystery. Fictional characters travel through the world of past life regressions and information acquired from psychics as well as archives and historical sources to solve "one of those mysteries that never get solved." Based on true events and real people, The Bridge of Deaths is the culmination of 18 years of sifting through conventional and unconventional sources in Denmark, England, Mexico and the United States. The story finds a way to help the reader feel that s/he is also sifting through data and forming their own conclusions. Cross The Bridge of Deaths into 1939, and dive into cold Danish waters to uncover the secrets of the G-AESY.



This is the revised version of The Bridge of Deaths and even though there were some changes to the story, my review has not changed from reading the original version.

WOW, what an amazing story this is!! I was extremely fascinated and addicted to it from beginning to end!! The book is very well written and is very fast paced!! I could tell that the author took a lot of time and did a lot of research to bring this story alive!! I had half this book read before I went to sleep the very first night!! I felt like I was part of the story and could relate to the characters!! It's a MUST read Adult book and a refreshingly unique story that will keep you reading more!! 




Defined by Others




A word, a single word defines a moment for Anne. She needs to find a new one when her spouse leaves her at the age of 47, coming out of the closet literally in a closet. She finds herself back in her hometown amongst her high school friends which she left behind in her past.

An inheritance from a friend leaves her with the means to meddle and spy on the lives of some of their mutual acquaintances. In an attempt to run from her reality Anne gets engrossed in a game of "fun" and "flirtation" with her friend and fellow sufferer Connie at her side. Anne however did not read all the files and what to her is fun games turns into a deadly reality. It is no longer a game.

Life, death and not even a defining word can stop the reality of manipulation.



My favorite genre is YA Paranormal Reader, but from time to time, I have a tendency to step out of that comfort zone and read other genres and when it comes to MCV Egan, I jump to read her work as she releases it.

This story has as many layers as an onion. I am completely shocked at the 365 degree turn that this author as taken in writing this story compared to her other works that I have read. I really enjoyed the twisted plot and some of the humor that was built into this story. The characters are phenomenal and the book is very well written. I highly recommend reading this book and I know you will be just as addicted to this author's unique writing style as I am. I am anxious to read what this author has next in store for us.




Death of a Sculptor in Hue, Shape, and Color




Color coded love stories and revealing female anatomies lead to the murder of world renowned sculptor, Bruce Jones. 

In life, the artist loved women, almost as much as women loved him. Adored for his art and colorful personality, Bruce is mourned by the world at large. The tale is launched with the multifaceted perspectives of four ex-wives, the current wife, and his new love interest and their children. 

Mary , Bruce’s wealthy first love, is always in perfect pink; the color of love. Mother of Clair the famous actress and Aaron the corporate lawyer. 

Leslie The Second’s color is yellow for her sunny nature as much as for her fears and insecurities. Her only son Bobby is vulnerable and lost. Mourning his father’s death, he finds himself. 

Petra The Third, is outstanding in orange, representing not only her native Holland but also her love of the fruit. Cherished her freedom and had no children of her own. 

Toni The Fourth is a vibrant passionate Italian red and part of the eventual glue that creates and solidifies this dysfunctional Jones family. Her teenage daughters Tina and Isa are as different as night and day. 

Brooke The Fifth a gold-digger. Green, her color, reflects the color of money and envy. Her young son’s Kyle and Caleb are too young to understand why their world has been turned upside-down. 

Mara, as blue as the ocean was the last woman to steal Bruce’s heart. Mother to newborn Baby Peter is the unexpected gift and surprise. 

Bruce Jones’ eight children speak out, too. They are as distinctive as the women he loved, their mothers. 

Loose ends are tied up by the insights of Sylvia, Aaron’s wife and a trusted keeper of secrets; Scott, the private investigator and family friend; Nona, the quintessential grandmother everyone loves but to whom few are truly related; and Detective Jim Miller who will not rest until he discovers Bruce Jones’ murderer. 

Paperback: Amazon


I absolutely loved how the author wrote this story. This author has always had a unique style of writing and can reel in and capture her audience with her words on paper and this story is no different. This story was so much fun to read!! It was a magnificent mystery full of surprises, and a few giggles, that I didn't see coming, with a remarkable twist to it at the end. The characters were incredible and the story-line was just fantastic. I loved how we got to know the thoughts and feelings of each individual character that played a roll in Bruce's life. I also loved how each ex-wife was a different color in the sculptor's mind and how the death of Bruce brought the whole family together in the end. This was a great work of art and I can say that I believe that this author is a complete genius!! I highly recommend this story to all adults to enjoy!!




Make sure you are following this remarkable author and keep up-to-date with everything going on.







Author links:
Facebook : Twitter : Blog : 
Goodreads : Amazon 


I have had a wonderful time getting to know this author this month and I hope you all have too. A great big thank you for M.C.V. Egan for taking time to stop by and allowing us to learn a bit about her and her books!!




 

2 comments:

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...