Friday, October 13, 2017

REVIEW: 13 WAYS TO MIDNIGHT BOOK 2 by Rue Volley



COMING 10.31.17




Once upon a time, there was a girl who didn't believe in monsters.
Until now.

Echo Midnight Navarri has reached her seventeenth birthday—alone.

It's been well over a year since her twin, Midnight, slipped from her hand into a ravine shrouded in blue mist deep in the Brazilian jungle.

The locals refer it to as the veil.
Echo believes it is a nightmare. 
One that she can't seem to escape.

Her parents, world-famous archaeologists, Peter and Alice Navarri, stayed behind after sending Echo to live with her aunt in a rainy little town at the edge of the world known as Port Royal.

The search goes on, but the mystery remains.

Echo continues to experience visions as the details of the events leading up to that fateful night start to reveal themselves to her.
Piece by piece, bit by bit.

Exposing the truth and forcing in the light where once there was only darkness.

Despite everything, she has managed to make friends, even a new boy, by the name of Asher Tiberious Westbrook the third, a self-proclaimed warlock who doesn't mind that Echo tends to shy away from anyone who wants to be close to her. 

But she fears intimacy after losing her sister.
Especially with him.
Not Asher Westbrook. 
Thorn Vega. 

A boy whose terrifying secrets may outweigh her own.







I want to start out this review by saying that I have followed this author for many years now and have noticed a significant improvement in her writing and the way she captures her audience and keeps us craving more. And with that being said......

MY THOUGHTS

WOW... 

I am completely and utterly speechless after reading this book!! I literally have no words for what I have read...Even though I may have laughed, got my heart broken, snot cried, and was left with one heck of a cliffhanger, I must says this author is a complete genus! This author kept me on the edge of my seat and turning each page from beginning to end.

The characters are phenomenal. I still am in love with them and am torn between Thorn and Ash on who I love more. My heart completely aches for Echo in this story. I feel a real connection with this character. Her emotions seemed to reel me in as the words flowed off of the pages and I just wished that I could pull her out of the book and hug her.

The story-line is POWERFUL. The author made me feel as if I was a part of the story, and not like watching a movie, but as if I was actually living the story inside the book. The feelers are so very raw and felt so very real. So much sadness, heartache, and trauma happened in this story, and yet I couldn't help but want to keep reading to find out more. This is the very first story that I have read that has made me cry so hard for the characters that live inside a book and I must say it is by far my favorite read for 2017. 

And if you love a fantastic love story that will make you laugh, cry, and rip your heart out, then this story is for you. I highly recommend it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...