Wednesday, September 21, 2016

REVIEW: Breaking Fences by Susan Burdorf



Breaking Fences
Susan Burdorf




More than fences are mended at the Bar B Ranch. 

With bravado as his courage and sarcasm his shield, eighteen year old Cutter Boone is a boy who lives his life on danger's edge. After being sent to his uncle's ranch to avoid incarceration, Cutter carries a chip on his shoulder the size of the state of Texas. 

Seventeen year old barrel racer Melodie Graham is another tortured soul in need of repair. Hiding her secrets as carefully as the pale bruises she hides under her thin cotton shirt, she doesn't intend to let the reckless cowboy into her life, or her heart. 

But when tragedy strikes, Cutter is the one she turns to. Can he save her in time? Or will their bad choices lead to more heartbreak for them both?






This is my first time reading this author's work, but she is an author with the Anchor Group Publishing Company and I thought I would give her a shot.....and she has gained a brand new fan. This book was amazing. The author has a way with words that will either rip your heart out and bring out the box of tissues or she can make you smile all in one paragraph. This book was so touching and actually hit home with me. I was completely reeled in right from the beginning. The character were so down to earth and real and they literally felt as if they jumped off the page saying, "Here I am'. I had a real connection with Melody and felt so bad for her situation. Cutter was also a messed up teenager, but I loved how Melody made him see the good in him. The ending was just fantastic. I really wish the story hadn't ended, but like all good stories, they have to end, and this one had a happily ever after that I could live with. I highly recommend this story. It's a great story for teens, YA, and adults to enjoy.


I got my paperback copy of this book from the Once Upon A Book Author Signing that happened this past August from the Anchor Group Publishing Company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...