Saturday, March 19, 2016

REVIEW: The Rook Circle by Jef Rouner



The Rook Circle
Jef Rouner







The Rook Circle

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow, this book was amazing!! It reeled me in and kept me in suspense while reading each story from beginning to end!! There are five mystical and magical stories that you can literally sink your teeth into. I love how the author added in some humor to the opening story and yet brought forth the mystery of the story with some horror mixed in. Each story had their fill of horror and made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, but I must admit I was partial to the first story. I absolutely loved the illustrations in the story too. They really hit home with the story that was being told and helped to add to my imagination too. Loved every twist and turn and the way the author could just enchant me with his writing style and then WHAM, hits you with the amazingly awesome climax in the stories. I highly recommend this book to adults, though I must add that it is not for the faint of hearts nor would you want to read this before bed if you are slightly squeamish. Eat your heart out Stephen King!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...