Thursday, October 26, 2017

REVIEW: Silenced Series by Raebeth McGee-Buda



Silenced




Amber Brown spent her entire existence believing Dave was her father. When her mother reveals this is untrue, she goes through an emotional spiral with depression. It's hard for her to believe her mother had lied to her all this time. 

A move to a new home and town causes Amber to be consumed by her "darkness" and reverts to cutting to free herself from her pain.

When Casey, her new friend enters her life, she introduces Amber to parties, drugs, and Amber's new boyfriend Landon. The secret of cutting begins to take affect on Amber as she tries to hide it from her friends and family. In the mist of everything, Amber has the desire to find out who her biological father is.

Follow Amber through her trials of depression and cutting, along with the discovery of love.






WOW......What a story!! This story actually puts a lot into perspective. You think about all the addictions there are out in the world, but it never really hits you until you read a true story like this one. The darkness affects everyone differently and some have different  kinds of coping mechanisms.

The characters in this story were incredible. You can't help but feel as if you are part of their lives in the story. I ended up with a real one-on-one connection with Amber and her ups and downs and how she fights with her darkness.

The story-line is heartbreaking and a real eye opener. The words just seem to flow off the page and give you a front row seat to the story. This story really had me thinking and feeling bad for the people involved in this story, including Amber and her problem with cutting to release the darkness. I am really glad that I had the chance to read this book and I highly recommend it. But I must add that this isn't for the faint of heart nor for anyone under the age of 18. This book talks about addictions, especially cutting.

CAUTION: READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED




As I read this book, this song came to me.

Silenced 2: The Overtaking




In life when one thing goes wrong, it can feel like everything goes wrong. Secrets come to the surface while friendships twist out of control, romantic relationships end, and even a dear loved one can die!

In Silenced: The Overtaking Amber’s life turns to chaos when she finds out Sarah, her childhood friend dies suddenly, her stepfather reveals another devastating family secret, and her boyfriend begins pushing her away.

After all the truth comes out, Amber turns to her darkness for comfort when her worst fear becomes reality. Her secret with cutting is discovered when she loses control and ends up in the hospital. Amber’s long journey to recovery begins with a battle. While she’s fighting her way to freedom, she discovers the one love she’s been missing her entire life.

Will Amber overtake her darkness of cutting or will the darkness overtake her?
 







This is another powerful story. One that makes you understand how hard addictions can be.

The characters were amazing. I actually felt a connection with Amber and I could feel her emotions float off of each page as I continued to read the story.

The story-line was incredible. The author made me feel as if I was part of the story and left me in tears in certain parts of the story. I felt sadness, mad, heartbreak and God working throughout the many pages of this book. I highly recommend it.



As I read this book, this song came to mind.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you enjoyed the Silenced series. Self harm can be a tough subject to talk about when the person is going through it. This series is meant to help those who struggle with it to know they are not alone. It's also intended to create more awareness to the silent struggles depression brings to an individual on a daily basis. Thank you so much for taking the chance on my books and I love that you've enjoyed them. <3

    ReplyDelete

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...