Wednesday, May 23, 2018

REVIEW: Believers Series by C&V Guyer




Cross the Hall Magic
Believers Book 1
C&V Guyer






“Life is too short to be cynical. So smile, dare to believe and leave the door open for Magic.”

I live by those words. I’ve searched the world for answers to questions that only seem to lead to more questions. Imagine my surprise when I discover Magic right across the hall... wearing nothing but an apron and a smile...

I’m Laney Evans, and I believe in Magic. 

“The secret ingredient is always Magic."

I’ve lived my whole life with Magic surrounded by a wacky, prank crazed, magical family. I thought I had the recipe for happiness all spelled out until I caught sight of Laney Evans, and now I know that the best is yet to come!

I’m Max Cross, and I believe in love at first sight. (I’m not a creeper, damn it.)

 Free on KU





A story that makes you go hmmm......

The characters were amazing. I loved the story between Max and Laney. The were a match made in heaven and also made the absolute perfect ending.

The story-line was hilarious! A true down to earth rom-com that had me laughing out loud quite a lot. I was completely entertained by the plot of this story and it's a debut story as well. Usually, I don't find myself completely enchanted by a debut story but this one was magical and I couldn't put it down either. I also loved how the author's went back and forth between characters so that way we knew what each character's POV was in the story. I highly recommend this read!






Cross the Line Magic
Believers Book 2
C&V Guyer






I’m being stalked. Everyone thinks I’m just being silly, but I know better. He is everywhere; at my grocery store, my dry cleaners, he somehow even got himself invited to my house for Thanksgiving. He’s charmed my parents, brothers and even my pig. He was smooth about it though, I really did not see Jax Cross coming. It could have been the cheese puff in my eye, but I really didn’t see those big brown eyes, sparkling smile, and two perfect dimples heading my way. I’m gonna try and fight it. At least I’ll give him a run for his money, I’m MacKenzie Michaels. And I’m so screwed. 

I got hit by my Bus a few weeks ago. Hard. What’s a Bus? 
My One. My Person. The missing piece to my soul. The ying to my yang. The PB to my J. Only she’s been driving in the other direction ever since I started trying to catch her. It's possible I have my work cut out for me. I may just have to cross a few lines to make it happen… I’m Jax Cross and I don’t recommend calling your One a Bus to her face. 







What another amazing and hilarious rom-com this one was!

The characters were amazing. I really enjoyed reading about Jax and Kenzie. They made for a really adorable couple. And of course, I couldn't help but love Ozzie. He is quite the horny little pig!!

The story-line was crazy hilarious! I could not put this book down!! I loved how the authors had this book follow along with the first book and how each scene from each book mingled with this book. Total genus!! So much happened in this story but it made it such a fun and exciting read because I just had to know what would happen next. I also loved how the authors went back and forth between the characters so that we got to read their POV too. I highly recommend this read.



No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...