Thursday, February 25, 2016

REVIEW: TRAVEL BITES by The Hungry Traveller



Travel Bites
The Hungry Traveller







Travel Bites

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

WE NEED DIVERSITY

As everybody knows by now, I am a fan of YA Paranormal, but from time to time you will catch me stepping outside my comfort zone and giving other genres a try.....

This book actually blew me away!!! This diversity in this story is amazing!! This author shares with us about his travels to other countries in the world. He gives us a bit of a background story of each place he visits in each chapter and then proceeds to tell us his experience with the food he had come across in his travels to that country. I love the cultural backgrounds from each country. I knew that the were different from ours, but I never knew how different until I read this book.

I have two favorite stories in this book that I want to share. The first one is about the different kinds of teas and how while drinking eat, he goes into detail about how to properly negotiate business and prices with the people who live in each country that he talks about. How in some countries, they could take offense to how you talk to them or without knowing it, disrespect their customs. Which, to me, is quite scary. The other one is when he visited Cambodia and gave us details about the lives that where lost during the Vietnam War and how devastating it was with the sites he saw during his trip there and how people were treated during that time. I actually bawled like a baby for those poor souls. I won't say anymore because I want you to purchase the book and read it for yourself.

This author did a fantastic job describing what he saw in the different countries he visited. He visited Vietnam, Morocco, Singapore, Italy, Australia, England, Tanzania, Africa (both Northern and Eastern), Thailand and even his experience in Florida, New York City, and Philadelphia. Each place he went had a memory about his experiences, whether they were good or bad, and I don't believe I would be brave enough to go to these places myself but it was an incredible journey while reading this book. Also, at the end of each chapter, the author would add a recipe from the food that he ate from that country, whether it was a good experience or not.

This is a magnificent book and I highly recommend this to all Adventurers and anyone wishing to go and check these places out for themselves. I enjoyed this book so much that I read it in a couple of hours and I just couldn't bring myself to put it down.


No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...