Tuesday, May 9, 2017

REVIEW: The ABC's of Dee by Danielle Bannister







It always starts out so innocent. A drink, a laugh, a bet. For 40-year-old Dee Harper, her hum-drum life is about to become...educated.

When Dee’s wealthy friend, Gail, makes her a ridiculous bet, she never dreams she'll actually go through with it. After all, dating 26 men in one year, from A-Z, is ludicrous. Right? Then Gail offers her fifty thousand dollars if she succeeds. Now that is an offer she can't refuse.

From Adam the cocky limo driver to Kevin the klepto Dee learns the hard way what sort of guy she doesn't want.

Filled to the brim with snark and sarcasm about the joys of dating 'later in life,' The ABC's of Dee reminds us that even though life sometimes sucks, there is always someone there to laugh with.







Most people that know me and follow my reviews knows that YA Paranormal is my all time favorite genre but from time-to-time you will catch me leaving my comfort zone and giving other genres a try. And with that being said, let's jump into my review.

This is the very first time that I have read anything by this author and I must admit, I have never heard of her until now.

What an amazing rom-com story. I absolutely loved the characters. I could really relate with Dee and felt as if I could connect with her on a personal level. As a matter of fact, I too had cancer and had parts of my reproductive system removed, so I could totally understand how Dee felt. 

The story-line was phenomenal. This author really has a knack for storytelling, and I will admit that I found myself, at times, either laughing, smiling, or snot dripping crying. This was sure one emotional roller-coaster ride from beginning to end and a tissue worthy read. The words were magic floating right off its pages. It's a true blue, real life story that I highly recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

OUAB 2023 Finale

  Welcome to Black Words-White Pages!! My name is Jenny Zimmerman and I am going to share with you everything that happened last weekend Jul...